SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   my first night out :-) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294401-my-first-night-out.html)

animalnurse9 05-12-2013 04:47 AM

my first night out :-)

So last night I went to dinner with my new friends �� I drank lemon lime bitters and water while every1 drank booze.then I drove everyone to the city and we danced till 2am. I.danced.sober. Lol!!! I had such a great time, no stress, no worries, no panic and dread this morning and when ppl asked me I just said , I don't drink.and that was that.actually felt liberated and proud. Just a temporary buzz I know, but I've been so down, I'll take it!!!! �� P.s booze breath is really gross ��

MidnightBlue 05-12-2013 04:50 AM

Congrats! Great job - such a challenging test passed!

You should be really proud of yourself)

AugustWest11 05-12-2013 04:51 AM

Congrats; that is a BIG test ..

animalnurse9 05-12-2013 04:58 AM

Thanku, I was really worried about it, but was ok.was afraid as soon as I smelt it I'd lose my mind.i was able to concentrate on my amazing meal without worrying that it would ruin my buzz and stop me getting so drunk ��

visch1 05-12-2013 05:16 AM

Congratulations. I very much like the simple responses when offered a drink, NO thank you usually covers it. For many years if I find myself fantasizing about what a drink might taste like I stop and start thinking about non drinking thoughts. BE WELL

Chilledice 05-12-2013 05:21 AM

That is AWESOME!:You_Rock_ What a test! and you past it :D

BikerAcct 05-12-2013 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by animalnurse9 (Post 3961862)
Thanku, I was really worried about it, but was ok.was afraid as soon as I smelt it I'd lose my mind.i was able to concentrate on my amazing meal without worrying that it would ruin my buzz and stop me getting so drunk ��

Oh God,I remember this! It's so funny how so many of us are alike, yet we all felt unique. I remember specifically trying not to eat until later, or eating very little, because I didn't want it to ruin the buzz.

How stupid was that? Now, like you, I can concentrate on making great meals, or going out and eating great meal, and actually enjoying them.

Congrats on your night out! I haven't had one yet, but, I'm sure I will. I hope I can do as well as you did! :You_Rock_

neferkamichael 05-12-2013 06:24 AM

Animalnurse you are FANTASTIC. :egypt: :Flower:

hypochondriac 05-12-2013 06:49 AM

Well done. I found it was a relief going out and not having to worry about how much I would drink. I was out with a group of friends recently (normal drinkers) and they constantly debated whether to have another drink and then got tired after a few pints while I was still full of energy. Being sober is much more fun :) x

melivinsober 05-12-2013 07:21 AM

YAY! I'm so glad the night went well. Keep it up. I have a sober friend who likes to say, "I've had enough." :P haha. :funjump:

Just curious, what are lemon lime bitters?

animalnurse9 05-12-2013 02:35 PM

Yeah I had heaps of energy! And it was so interesting watching all the drunk people �� lol I had an amazing gnocchi and was in food heaven and spent way less cash lol lemon lime bitters is basically a lemon lime fizzy drink, so yum.they make it fancy so u have a lemon in ur glass and ice so its a treat drink lol

Dollyangel17 05-12-2013 06:22 PM

Lol....yes, booze breath is nasty! I was out with my cousin and she was having a few beers and I was drinking tonic. As we were talking, I kept thinking....ugh this is what I smelled like. Mind you, she wasn't even buzzed!!!!! Last time I noticed that was when I was pregnant and not drinking....7 years ago!

Great job staying the course....be proud!

Darkplace2013 05-13-2013 02:04 AM

Fair play to you I hope some day I can do that maybe.