Notices

I am ready to end the madness!

Old 05-11-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am ready to end the madness!

Hi there,

I am ready and have accepted that I am powerless over alcohol! I tried three and half years ago to attend an addictions centre only to never return, for I believed that going to church would help me.
One day I came into church broken and devastated from my separation, and left even worse then I started. I did everything in my power to stay sober...but the pain of the separation was brutal. I didn't stop but I cut back ALOT! Thursdays I started volunteering at the church with dinners for the needy and loved it. It became my haven.
7 months ago it all changed...my church split...but I continued the same dinner ministry at a different church. Things looked pretty good.
My mentor(church leader) and prayer group started to attend my home every morning for prayer...and Wednesday nights for bible study. I believed that I was adding to my life this decision of having these people I knew, some more then others...especially my mentor who I knew for three years.
Lets just say that this ended being more of a cultish experience then what I first aloud into my home. I was abused in every way, emotionally/mentally, physically/sexually, spiritually, verbally, and financially. During this time I started drinking again heavily because of the trauma I was being put under. I was isolated and controlled that I lost my voice. My mentor ended being a PHYSCOPATH and destroyed everything that I build. He said my drinking was ok because of the burdens of the world that I carried. He was a master of manipulation and twisted the bible to benefit his own agenda. He not only got me believing his BS , but also the group. I thought my separation was traumatizing...now I am dealing with PTSD..and seeing a trauma sexual counsellor. And this Tuesday I attend the addictions centre that I walked in three and half years ago. I admitted myself to the hospital because I drank myself for 2 days last week, that I knew I needed some help immediately! My children have to stay with their father now until I am stable.
SO here I am again, but this time I am READY FOR THE REAL PROFESSIONAL HELP!

Thanks for listening
Old 05-11-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry that you have such a difficult and traumatic experience with your church group. Thankfully you are seeking support now and moving in the right direction. We are here to help.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry you went through that Godiswithin.
I'm really glad you're here tho - this is a safe and welcoming place to be

D
Old 05-11-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I found lasting sobriety and a Higher Power in Alcoholics Anonymous.

I completed a 90 day recovery home program in 1989 then straight into AA.

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 05-11-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Godiswithin. I'm so glad you found us. We care about you and want to help - this is a wonderful place for support and hope.