SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just threw up and my son wants to rollerskate (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294304-just-threw-up-my-son-wants-rollerskate.html)

lovinmenow 05-11-2013 06:36 AM

Just threw up and my son wants to rollerskate

Well I am on day 3. I still have the shakes from a binge. I just threw up and my son is on his way home from college for Mother's Day. He wants to go rollerskating (always has been our special thing) and he says he brought his tennis racket home too. Oh and let's go out on the boat and go fishing.

I am so mad at the monster right now for conning me into drinking again. I am glad I am on day 3 but still...It just goes to show you how many things you miss out on in life because of booze.

I hope I feel better soon so at least I won't spend mother's day feeling like crap.:c021::c004:

Sasha4 05-11-2013 06:43 AM

Least you will sweat all those booze toxins out!
Good luck
x

LDT 05-11-2013 06:46 AM

Totally been there, lovinmenow. My son just came home from college this morning for Mother's Day. He told me we are going fishing and crabbing. I remember my drinking days when I would have suggested a movie instead. I'm happy I can now say to him " Bring it on".

I also hope you feel better soon. (Keep hydrated) ...Sober Mother's Days are awesome! :c014:

ImperfectlyMe 05-11-2013 06:47 AM

Get out and have fun it dramatically changes your mood. The distraction may help too. Happy Mother's Day!

Bruce292 05-11-2013 08:01 AM

Give it some time. Be forgiving, especially to yourself. You've fallen under the same spell as countless others. That being said you can get well like countless others.

Be strong and keep posting!

lovinmenow 05-11-2013 08:23 AM

Just got out of a hot bath and put some makeup on and now I am going to do my hair. I feel a little better and I certainly hope I never drink again. I have on and off with bing drinking for many years. It is a rew weeks of absolute productivity and 1 week of drink and puke. This is not a life for me.

Mountainmanbob 05-11-2013 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by lovinmenow (Post 3960533)

I still have the shakes from a binge.

I just threw up and my son is on his way home from college

I hope I feel better soon so at least I won't spend mother's day feeling like crap.:c021::c004:

reminds me of me
so many times during family get-together's
I was either loaded or hung over

thank God you have a couple of days behind you
hopefully you will be much better by tomorrow (Mothers Day)
there is a positive side to the pain
it reminds us of why we must stay stopped (sober)

we don't need to suffer like this ever again

Dee74 05-11-2013 02:35 PM

I'm sorry you're still struggling lovinmenow - but I'm glad to see you back here :)

I hope you'll feel ok for Mothers Day too, but do you have any ideas on a longterm plan to stay sober?

D