SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Gross! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294217-gross.html)

Mizzuno 05-10-2013 08:50 AM

Gross!

I received a phone call last night, from a Sales Rep ( Thank God my ringer was off) it was to let me know that my previous employer, the one that fired me for drunken craziness, has ordered mass quantities of product. So, the commission on said product will be fabulous. Hopefully the Rep receives it.
I guess I didn't mess up everything. I brought that company good lines to review, and good people to buy from.
Its just a reality check. A big " Look at what you are not doing". Not that the intentions with the Rep were bad. It feels like I stepped on a nail.
Im still trying to figure out how i am going to go about dealing with all the Sales Reps now. I was " Moving on UP, to the EAST S-i-i-i-d-e"! Now, Im not moving anywhere. <---- That is not true. Im figuring out my own road. Anyways, Ive got to pull the nail out of my foot, and keep moving on. I am uncomfortable.

Im really GRATEFUL to be SOBER! I needed that experience. My last drink. Glad I got it out of the way. Now, I can move onto living because I was absolutely dying! ( Shawshank)
I may need some help with the nail.

Weasel1966 05-10-2013 09:53 AM

Think of it not as a rusty ole nail you stepped on. Consider it as a thorn between the pads of your paw. Once removed the pain is gone and forgotten. To the person that removed it ... loyalty. Remove your own thorn today Mizz. Stay loyal to yourself. And the rest will fall into place.

freshstart57 05-10-2013 10:35 AM

Wow, Mizzuno, that little sucker sure is wedged in there, isn't it? OK, take a deep breath, choose to move forward with poise, confidence and grace, and consider the past passed. There, it's out now.

There is going to be some residual tenderness there for a while, but that oughta heal very nicely. Keep the wound clean until it heals over, but you will notice that limp disappearing within a day or two.

Onward!

Mizzuno 05-10-2013 10:56 AM

I took a run....Belted out songs, and ran like I was the wind. I was FREE! There's nothing like doing the 2 things that I love the most. You cant have my voice, and you cant have my Mizuno wave rider shoes!
Im riding the wave!

mecanix 05-10-2013 12:15 PM

There will be other deals .
You are sober . The longer i am sober the more in tune with life i seem to become . The nuances we miss when we're drunk or obsessed .

Stay true Mizz , one foot infront of another , this journey will be far better than the one you left behind :)

Bestwishes, M

Bruce292 05-10-2013 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mizzuno (Post 3959249)
Im really GRATEFUL to be SOBER!

AMEN! Isn't it GREAT !!?? At least today it is.:bounce

rainyengland 05-10-2013 12:29 PM

Turn that nail around and bang it back where it belongs! :-)

shauninspain 05-10-2013 01:06 PM

RE:The Nail - I've got a claw hammer and I'm not afraid to use it!

ivegotsunshine 05-10-2013 07:59 PM

You are still moving up, just in a different building :)

Richierich777 05-12-2013 08:10 PM

When you said your were running like the wind. I thought of Forrest Gump. I don't know why. So one day I decided to run. I ran down the street then to the town line. LOL. Run Miz run.