Notices

Weekend check in! May 10-12 join us!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm all in for a fantastic sober weekend!

I've been exceptionally busy the past month......after my drunk butt got fired in December, I secured new employment in April. The job is quite challenging and has been pushing me to the limits of my mentally abilities. I wasn't sure I'd make it during the first 2 weeks but I hung in there.....remaining sober....and it's been totally worth it. Today is the first day in a month that I've even turned on my home computer.

For any newly sober weekenders who may feel their past decisions and actions ruined their life.....I am here to tell you that feeling of the end is actually beautiful slivers of sunlight of a new life. Five months ago I was a drooling, emotionally bankrupt woman who lost her job of 16 years because of booze. I have been dedicated to remaining sober and I now have an excellent job, healing relationships and I am actually HAPPY! It does happen. I CAN happen.

Today will be a quiet and relaxing day. Doing some laundry, cleaning the house and will spend some time with Miss Clairol to cover the thousands of gray hairs on my head. Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I'll be going to a movie with my daughter after she gets off work. Yesterday she received her associate's degree in teaching so it'll be a combo celebration! So excited about it.

Today I'm better than I deserve. Sobriety does indeed bring peace and serenity. Go forth and conquer sober weekenders!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Well, I was just sitting here drinking coffee reading posts and Sober Fallon reminded me I have committed to house cleaning today!

I got some of the deck building work done yesterday--built a bench and ramp for the front deck. This morning, I drove my wife to work then was secretary for the morning AA meeting.

It's supposed to cloud over and start raining again by tomorrow, but so far it's beautiful and sunny, 57° F (14° C).

We're having steamed clams for dinner! There's a shellfish farm just down the hill that opened for the season yesterday... the clams are in the fridge now, making funny noises...

Happy sober weekend to all!
Old 05-11-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Check in 9.30pm England

I know I checked in today already, but I'm just travelling the 3hr journey home after my first ever sober party! I managed 8 hrs surrounded by drink and dint touch a drop.

I'm exhausted, have a head ache but am pretty damn chuffed with myself.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Checking in for the weekend!! 21 days sober today. Wooohoooooo. Also celebrating my 15th wedding anniversary.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by triathlynne View Post
Checking in for the weekend!! 21 days sober today. Wooohoooooo. Also celebrating my 15th wedding anniversary.
Congrats on both!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Checkin' in. Hope everyone is doing well. Drama w/ GF, other life complications; its all good and will get better. No drinkie so far and am going to take the remaining Bud Platinum in the garage to a friend who probably doesn't need it, but will appreciate it. That's evil stuff... a light beer with 6.0 content. 3 weeks ago would have slammed 6 and been in la la land. No more; done with it. Party Sober!
Old 05-11-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Didn't find a book to disappear in to but did do some cleaning and reorganizing at home. I felt unsettled today. I did manage to get food shopping done as well as cooked dinner. It is huge for me as I hate food shopping as well as dislike cooking. I didn't motivate to do a whole lot but felt like it was safer staying at home so I didn't make bad decisions. Curled up on the couch now with my pup. Looking forward to a sober Mother's Day!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mwstylee View Post
Checking in. Haven't been on this site in 3 weeks, I've been studying for a professional exam. Today is day 91 and I've never felt better.
HOLY ****. What a long freaking day. On Friday, I talked myself into letting myself just have 2 drinks on Saturday. Today is Saturday and I woke up with full intentions to have just 2 drinks as a reward for studying for 3 weeks. But I was extremely hesitant all day. Basically I had white knuckles for the past 14 hours.

All I know is 2 drinks will turn into blacking out tonight and being extra drunk because I haven't had a drop in 92 days. And I'll wake up hungover tomorrow on Sunday and keep drinking, and end up calling in sick to work on Monday, and here we go on another bender.

I am grateful for not drinking today and am looking forward to day 93 tomorrow. I need to find a different way to reward myself or else I won't feel any closure from these past few weeks of hard work.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Geez mwstyle, that's not good. Stop right now and go to bed. There is no need to force yourself into a bender. Wake up sober tomorrow and start making better decisions.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Ring Ring. Saturday Checkin... day 51 sober. Going strong.
Faithfully went to my Celebrate Recovery meeting.
Came home.
Read a great book.
Enjoyed taking a nap (probably a bad idea for I am now wide eyed awake).
Got on SR.
Can not wait for church tomorrow!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Geez mwstyle, that's not good. Stop right now and go to bed. There is no need to force yourself into a bender. Wake up sober tomorrow and start making better decisions.
Absolutely, finishing this tea and going to bed right away! I do not want to throw 90+ days down the drain, because future-clear-headed-me would be disappointed.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Right on mwstyle, a sober mind in the morning and a nice cup of coffee will get you off to a good start.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mwstylee View Post
HOLY ****. What a long freaking day. On Friday, I talked myself into letting myself just have 2 drinks on Saturday. Today is Saturday and I woke up with full intentions to have just 2 drinks as a reward for studying for 3 weeks.
Hey mwstylee---good for you for not giving into the temptation and knowing full well that tomorrow (and the next day and probably the next after that) were going to be full-on hell. Glad you hung on.

You have any support going for you besides SR? Just thinking that maybe when that thought comes on about drinking being a reward (or whatever) that you might be able to call someone immediately or just do something to distract yourself? I find that if I let that thought (drinking) develop much beyond its inception without doing something right away to get my head somewhere else, it gets bigger and bigger and I am white-knuckling it too.

Anyway, congrats on getting through your exams and more so on not caving into the drinking beast. Hope you have a good Sunday!!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

a sober mind in the morning and a nice cup of coffee will get you off to a good start.
That's a good reward for not drinking the best !

I found luxury chocolate chip ice cream was a good surrogate reward in the place where alcohol used to live ... Or i'd dip into the money i'd saved not drinking and buy myself something like a book , dvd or computer game ..

Happy sober sunnyday everyone *ring ring*

Bestwishes, M
Old 05-12-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning from me to you!

I already have a bunch of house chores done. Resting before the next round.

Hope everyone is well today.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sunday 12.21pm Checking in.

I feel a bit bummed this morning. Put so much effort into staying sober at the party yesterday and I've been up all night with bad guts.
Dunno if it was the stress or what, but I might as well be feeling hungover!

Was so looking forward to feeling fresh and going out for the day jogging and such.
bah
Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ok... Today's official menu.... Chicken francese over a tasty risotto garnished with crispy prosutto that I will stick in the oven for a few.

Prosutto is Italian bacon!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Another great night's sleep .... though I had *strange* dreams. Another morning waking up feeling well. 7 weeks sober today. It's another rainy day and I'm OK with that.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Party was a big success. The weather was cooperative, so we were able to spend most of the time outside. Then we moved inside when it got dark.

Two families stayed over, with 5 kids among them, ages 10, 8, 4, 2 and 9 months. Had a house full for breakfast - got to cook 3 pounds of bacon! - and they all just left. Great time.

OK, time to take care of all the mothers I know.