Notices

Weekend check in! May 10-12 join us!

Old 05-10-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Signing up for Ye Olde yet new Sober Weekend Thread.
Plans... Exercise, Yard Work, Job Search, and Work on a Business Plan and
brush Diablo The Cat!

My fellow Weekend Warriors; We shall smite any and all demons that may interfere with our plans and emerge Victorious and Virtuous. Good Luck EveryOne!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The "Baconator"?

hmmm, his absence is noted....i believe he is entertaining company on the new deck, so hopefully he is busy putting up the railings.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I don't feel tardy.

Just been keeping busy with house preps for entertaining this weekend. Have a couple of guests staying over with small children, and it's been a while since this house was child-proofed. Also had to go across town to get a copy of my deed for the lawyer. Some trauma and drama in my wife's family, and my dog has bone cancer.

I did manage to get 2 strips of bacon down this morning, so I am rocket-fueled.

I'll check in when I can, but probably not much tomorrow as it's an all-day event.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

In!!..more DIY for me!!

Have a great weekend everyone! :-)
Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Checking in. Haven't been on this site in 3 weeks, I've been studying for a professional exam. Today is day 91 and I've never felt better.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm checking in for my 8th weekend in a row sober. I'm severely depressed, anxious, and completely alone, but I'm determined to never drink.

Went for a jog at the nearby riverside park. Spring is finally in bloom in Michigan, then some shopping at the local organic market. Happy sober weekend, everyone.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Jules

This is my fourth sober weekend so I'm in and have plans to be productive at home yet enjoy some time with the family for Mother's Day.

Happy sober weekend to all the warriors!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well it's 8am in Sunny England.

I'm up with my gf getting ready to travel to the dreaded event but I'm actually not feeling nervous about being tempted. Still no urges and completely determined. Made myself some smoothies to drink and taking some nuts to munch.

I may check in again later if things get rough, if not ill see you for a sunny Sunday without a hangover

Have a good day all
Old 05-11-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey thenewguy ,

I'm severely depressed, anxious, and completely alone, but I'm determined to never drink.
I think you're great for coping with all that and doing 8 weeks *ring ring* @ you .

If the depression is hanging about then i urge you to go to a doctor . Stopping drinking can sometimes make life a bit intence .
I found a book by Dorothy Rowe called "Depression the way out of your prison" useful .

As for making friends , we're all here for you but for the real world have you thought about running clubs , we have them in the UK , or other night classes or activities where you might bump into like minded people ?
Sometimes to attract the new things and people into our lives we have to do new things .
, M
Old 05-11-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Today is washing day and take mum out for her weekly shop ..

Saturdays are kinda slow days for me which is just fine now i'm getting more into my middle years (i hope) , i enjoy quite days and peacful weekends .. gentle pleasures are still pleasures , hard drinking and partying seem rather forced in pace and garish . .. now where are my comfy slippers ...

Bestwishes, M
Old 05-11-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

hi there! I have a box of oil paints and canvasses lying in a closet for the past 2 years! never got around from drinking on weekends, to set-up that easel and paint something. but I hope/expect/pray that I will. thanks for being there. take care!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

the alcohol free weekend!

ring... ring... from me too. the bike and the biker are still sober. Friday went off well, had a lovely booze-free dinner with my family. went playing cricket with my buddies this morning. have been reading a book since lunch. all well. and I wish you all the same too.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Happy Saturday,Sober Peeps!

Hope the rains stay away today. I busted my tuckus getting that deck ready in time for today's party. A rain out would be a downer!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Here! Ready to go get groceries and look up a cool recipe to make. Today feels like a baking day. Muffins maybe... or brownies. hmmm

Old 05-11-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Rain here all day! WTF??? cleaning the front bedroom/office and shampooing the carpet in there...running to Costco and laundry...necessary functioning stuff.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

2nd sober weekend underway. Have a friends barbecue to go to later but am feeling strong, have discovered a sparkling pomegrante juice that i love! Enjoy the weekend everyone.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday morning here in Vermont for me. Rain finally today (we actually need it). Busy work week so hoping to get a little me time. I'm hoping to find a pleasure book to read rather on recover/meditation or other self-help as I need to find ways to disappear in a healthy way...I think a good book can do that...perhaps a Nora Roberts. My son will be with me for a good cunk of time so I acutally need to do some food shopping. I went to an AA meeting yesterday (I'm trying to open my mind and seek out sober people) so may actually hit another today. Thank you all for being here...I always need you!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Slept deeply last night, woke up feeling good, it's a rainy day and I'm good with that.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Meeting my brothers (and their family) with my family at a Reading Phillies game tonight.

Right now shopping for my wife for mother's day.

Picnic tomorrow at our place.

Ride on!!

Glad i found this forum too!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hoping the rain stops, but no really caring if it does or not because I am sober and content! Making minor repairs to our house with my patient husband, who hopes to take me out on the Harley tomorrow for Mothers' Day lunch.