Notices

Hi I'm new

Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi I'm new

I'm new to SR. I quit drinking 5 days ago. So far I'm doing OK but I've attempted this before many times and each time I usually fall after a week or so. I really need to quit because my drinking is getting dangerous. I'm going to hurt myself or someone else.

I'm glad I found this forum and I hope it gives me some strength.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you found us and joined the family! You've come to a good place for support. Congrats on your first five days sober. That's a good start to a better life.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 days! Do you have any plan on support for your recovery? AA, treatment etc?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hi Guitartime,

Welcome to the forums. You'll hear a lot of experience and advice on here from people who have come from addiction and who have now successfully stayed clean and/or sober. Try to keep an open mind about everything. Put as much effort into your recovery as you did into your drinking and you will be fine. I'm going to be honest with you. It's not all brilliant. The first few weeks and months of recovery can be incredibly be hard but it DOES GET BETTER and is really worth it in the end. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Natom.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. You’re on a path that can lead to a person that’s comfortable in their own skin as long as we don’t pick up the first drink. A big/huge problem is our thinking process in the beginning and into sobriety, there is in most of us a demon that is turning our attention to wanting to drink and ways to make us thing it’s OK even after we’ve proven time after time we can’t handle it any more. To help me through this I needed to be honest with myself and think how insane it is to try it again. BE WELL