SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back to 3 Weeks Again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294105-back-3-weeks-again.html)

terribob 05-09-2013 06:46 AM

Back to 3 Weeks Again

Well, I'm back to the 3 week mark again. Things have been extremely smooth this time. That's what worries me. No urges, no desire to drink really. Could this possibly continue?

neferkamichael 05-09-2013 07:32 AM

Terribob, back to 3 weeks again? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. I'm glad things are going so smoothly for you, and it will continue that way for as long as you want it to. Rootin for ya. :egypt:

Received 05-09-2013 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by terribob (Post 3957647)
Could this possibly continue?

This is up to you, terribob, and I believe you can do it.

Congratulations on your three weeks.

ScottFromWI 05-09-2013 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by terribob (Post 3957647)
Well, I'm back to the 3 week mark again. Things have been extremely smooth this time. That's what worries me. No urges, no desire to drink really. Could this possibly continue?

Not only is it possible, it's probable if you keep doing whatever you've been doing...good work!

least 05-09-2013 09:12 AM

Congrats on three weeks! :scoregood It will continue as long as you put in the work.:)

terribob 05-09-2013 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI (Post 3957723)
Not only is it possible, it's probable if you keep doing whatever you've been doing...good work!

AA and reading and posting here. When I stop either I begin to believe the lie that I can drink in moderation.

Dee74 05-09-2013 02:27 PM

I hope I'm not being too demoralising if I say there will inevitably be rougher roads ahead...it's life...but you can be ready :)

For now...don't question it Bob - if it ain't broke... :)
Congrats on 3 weeks.

D

terribob 05-09-2013 06:54 PM

Not demoralising at all. Just as soon as I talked about easy I had a moment at the drugstore. I had my hand on the beer. I put it back and bought gummy bears instead and got my butt to a meeting. Old habbits die hard.

NashMylwife 05-09-2013 07:07 PM

Congratulations !!! Kepp up the good work !!

1newcreation 05-09-2013 07:12 PM

Good job! Its only real if YOU decide to make it for real
mtgs, steps,big bk,grapevine,service work etc will all help

bigsombrero 05-09-2013 07:53 PM

This WILL continue. Don't think too far ahead. "Ifs and Buts are candies and nuts", as the old saying goes. Not really sure how that analogy came about, but you get the idea: eat what's on your plate today, don't worry about what might be there in 2 weeks.

Nice work. Stay calm and carry on.

neferkamichael 05-10-2013 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by terribob (Post 3958567)
Not demoralising at all. Just as soon as I talked about easy I had a moment at the drugstore. I had my hand on the beer. I put it back and bought gummy bears instead and got my butt to a meeting. Old habbits die hard.

Terribob, gummy bears instead of beer? You are FANTASTIC. Today I'm 2 years 10 months sober and it really has been a struggle more than not. Because I have that much sober time, I know without doubt or question that I am better off than when I was using, so I don't know what to call it if I went back out there, insane or something. I'm beginning to realize that I have to create a life, and I honestly don't know how at the moment. Rootin for ya. :egypt: