SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Coricidin Christian (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294103-coricidin-christian.html)

Extrochris 05-09-2013 06:30 AM

Coricidin Christian

I havent been on soberrecovery in a while but i just wanted to share my story with anyone who would like to hear it. I had a terrible problem with taking the chemical known as dxm or dextromethorphan and it is served in combination with an antihistamine called chlorpheniramine maleate, anyways this deadly combo is called coricidin cough and cold aka triple c's and i could not stop taking it, i had been to rehab 5 times over it and jail 4 times over it and i still could not find a way to stop taking it. But since I got out of rehab this last time i did good for about 2 weeks then relapsed on triple c's and cough syrups and huffing gas until i fried my brain to the point that i am a born again christian, some may call this a psychotic breakdown but i say it is the best thing that has ever happened to me because i have no desire to do bad and now all i want is to serve God and be drug free. Thanks for listening,

_Ex

Received 05-09-2013 07:00 AM

Years ago, I knew someone who became hooked on "triple c". He would go from store to store buying a couple of bottles at each stop in hopes he wouldn't draw attention to himself. He was very frightening when he was high on this mess.

Where I now live, these medications are kept behind the pharmacy counter locked. Many pharmacies also require a doctor to prescribe it even though it is not technically a controlled substance. Even then, you must show ID and it is put into the store's data base.

Anyway, I'm glad you are no longer a slave to these drugs, especially combining it with huffing.

soberclover 05-09-2013 07:03 AM

I'm glad that you were able to stop using Extrochris! We all come in to recovery in different ways as well as stay in recovery for different ways!

Mountainmanbob 05-09-2013 07:12 AM

the blinders have been removed

Originally Posted by Extrochris (Post 3957632)

i fried my brain to the point that i am a born again christian, some may call this a psychotic breakdown but i say it is the best thing that has ever happened to me because i have no desire to do bad and now all i want is to serve God and be drug free. Thanks for listening,

_Ex

sometimes God let's us see the very bottom
and
then puts a true desire in us for more of him and less of us
after living this way for a while
as the blinders have been removed from our eyes
we lead the lives that God intended for us to live

many blessings sent out your way
from
onehigherpower

least 05-09-2013 09:15 AM

I'm glad you're no longer using that awful stuff. :hug:

Bruce292 05-09-2013 10:55 AM

DXM. How I loath that substance because it took control of me at one point. I'm very happy to hear that you're getting help. Hang in there. Keep posting.

Dee74 05-09-2013 02:34 PM

I'm glad to hear from you Extrochris and really glad to hear you've found something thats working for you :)

D