Notices

Anyone try Power to quit?

Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thing is diha - whatever approach you try it needs investment of time, it needs effort.

I hope you don't think I'm being mean when I say I think you need to look at how much effort you've been putting in - is going to a brewers game really a good idea if you're craving so badly, for example?

regardless of what anyone claims, here or elsewhere - there is no magic pill and no magic wand - recovery takes commitment, change and hard work.

Noone else can do that work for you.
D
Old 05-08-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

To be honest, if you aren't sober, it won't matter how much time you spend around the kids. Both you and them will be damaged. A few hours in the beginning of your sobriety is not a huge price to pay for a healthy life.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I agree with Isinganyway.

I put a lot more hours into AA and here in the beginning. Once I felt more solid in sobriety 2-3 months later I slowed it down. I spend much more time with family now. I spend a few hours a week on recovery and I think that is well worth it.

Never heard of the method you are looking at.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

I understand what you are saying but I do not have anyone to watch them while I go to IOP. I cannot just leave them home alone for 4 hours every night. And, yes the Brewers game was a good idea. It got my mind off of drinking.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
now's the time

Hi Diha,

Be careful with them... As with others, I looked at the website and didn't get a good feeling. I'm an online writer/marketer so I know tricky stuff when I see it. Like they quote a doctor and pair it with a stock photo of a medical doctor... but the guy's listed as a PhD, not an MD. Deliberately misleading.

Also the Better Business Bureau gives them an F rating:

"Factors that lowered New Life Academy's rating include:

BBB concerns with the industry in which this business operates.
Length of time business has been operating.
9 complaints filed against business
Failure to respond to 9 complaints filed against business.
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business. BBB made two or more requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from this business and/or has not been able to verify information received from this business.
Complaints allege that the company charged monthly fees after signing up for what the customers thought was only a trial offer."
New Life Academy Business Review in South Jordan, UT - Utah BBB

And this looks like one of the complaints:

Ripoff Report | Freedom from Alcohol | Complaint Review: 848842

"Continued to bill credit card randomly, and said there was a problem in the system when contacted about it. Promised to refund, but said it takes 30 days to do so. Called after not receiving refund, and was told they did not have my address to send out a check, and it would be another 30 days. Repeated this process for several months, while credit card continued to be billed.

Services provided were horrible, and the support system does not exist. The videos dont always work, and the material that is supposed to be covered is out of order or doesnt exist at all.

Roger"
Old 05-09-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Thanks fantail