SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Cost of Rehab? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/293910-cost-rehab.html)

RainyDayWoman1 05-07-2013 07:11 AM

Cost of Rehab?

Has anyone been in a rehab/detox in the Philadelphia/south Jersey area or know anyone who has been who can tell me the approximate cost (having no insurance, paying cash?) Just a ballpark figure? - I do work but just part-time, no benefits but have a small nestegg I inherited, wondering if it would be enough..Thank you for reading.

Anna 05-07-2013 07:56 AM

Try calling the rehabs and ask for the information that you need.

pattyj 05-07-2013 08:17 AM

I don't know what the cost is on the east coast but I'm on the west and outpatient is $6K for 9 weeks. That's four evenings a week plus some one on ones with a couselor. Inpatient would be much more. Just call them and ask. They are happy to help out.

Dave42001 05-07-2013 08:41 AM

There are a lot of recovery programs out there for free.. I looked in to a treatment center and they wanted 39K! Look at the free options first, good thing is you can start today!! Wishing you luck, I was in the same boat 4 months ago.. Just started my 5 month and I've been sober 50 days.. Glad you reached out, get some help somewhere.. PM me if I can help in any way..

bryangt 05-07-2013 08:46 AM

Cost can be quite expensive without insurance. Seabrook House (you can go to their web site) was around 5,000 for 28 days incl. detox....there are some for free also....I had to pay out of pocket for a 90 day program, but I could not quit on my own & did what I had to do to immerse myself with a sold recovery program. Seabrook House also has an extended program for women at their South Jersey facility. Good luck to you--you worth it...

RainyDayWoman1 05-07-2013 09:25 AM

This would have to be an inpatient medical detox I believe - I am prone to seizures, etc...I`ll call around, thanks everyone.

Dave42001 05-07-2013 09:46 AM

Make those calls and get some help!! Get better my friend!!

2granddaughters 05-07-2013 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lorraine (Post 3954714)
This would have to be an inpatient medical detox I believe - I am prone to seizures, etc...I`ll call around, thanks everyone.

Are you attending AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R

RainyDayWoman1 05-07-2013 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters (Post 3954746)
Are you attending AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R

No I am not attending AA meetings. I have attended them off and on at times in the last 20+ years but did not find it to be something I could or wanted to stick with, I guess.

SavingSelf 05-07-2013 11:40 AM

I am in the Phila. area. I have never done inpatient rehab, but a family member went to Caron about 6-7 years ago and for 28 days it was 24 or 25 thousand dollars. Obviously it probably depends depending on length and what your medical needs are.

Good luck.

nfijules 05-07-2013 12:08 PM

I am not from the Philly area but Nebraska. But, I also had no insurance and no funds and got into a reputable treatment facility w/a $500.00 downpay. I also pay them $75.00 a month for a long time..but how could I put a price on getting sober?! When you call treatment facilities...ask them if they perhaps have any financial assitance or Grants available for you since you don't have insurance. There is so much out there...just have to keep looking. Goodluck buddy!

2granddaughters 05-07-2013 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lorraine (Post 3954908)
No I am not attending AA meetings. I have attended them off and on at times in the last 20+ years but did not find it to be something I could or wanted to stick with, I guess.

I was the same way .... it got so bad that I had to stick with it or die.

All the best.

Bob R

pattyj 05-08-2013 08:26 AM

I went to AA on and off for a bit. My counselor recommended an AA club and I now like it. I think you just need to try and keep trying until you find one that you like.