Notices

This sounds weird, but my cat has helped me.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My late dog Max really hated when I drank. Funny, he knew if mommy got drunk the long walks and fun play time the next day wouldn't happen. He loved me no matter what though, and so did our late cat who just passed on last Saturday. Animals are so in tune with people and nature. I know they are theraputic, but more then that, they are family.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Grateful

Originally Posted by raku View Post
I love my cat that has always been there for me, Raku. She trusts me, like no human being seems to be able to do ! I do not trust alot of people. But my cat is trustworthy !

It is not whom we don't trust. but whom we do !

Cindy
A trustworthy cat...who knew?

BTW I have a 16 year old standard poodle but before that I "adopted" a stray cat that ended up living to 18 years old before she passed away. I put adopted in quotes because really she decided to adopt us when she dropped out of a tree in our front yard as a kitten.

I agree that pets are a great comfort, especially during difficult times. I have had 2 heart surgeries in the last 9 years and my dog was by my side the whole time during my recoveries.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

new edition.. actually we have 4 kitties.. any one interested in a maine coon? This one has been sober since birth.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So cute dain! Love maine coons, but don't have the heart for that just yet. Lost our orange maine koby jones last satdy. But love those kitties........... and sober since birth? Lol...............you just made me laugh, thanks.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

my oldest cat "Slim" is a huge Maine Coon...he just turned 19....the old man is very happy with the little one (Ozzwald my avitar). Slim has a bit of arthritis and I suspect diabetes, (he pees a lot), but I refuse to spend his last years chasing him with a needle. I feed him kitten food to keep the weight on him and I brush him when he permits it. I set up his favorite basket next to the heating vent in the dining room. Of course we will have to move it when the AC comes on or set up the heating pad for him. I think the heat helps him move better. He can no longer jump up on the counter or the bed.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Fandy...Slim is 19? Wow you have been blessed. And good looking too. My hearts still heavy with grief, but know Koby is in a better place now. Little oz looks adorable too. Hold them close and cherish every day you have with them. It goes by way 2 quickly.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Opps sorry bout tht. Post a pic of Slim if u can. Koby Jones was about 15 to 17 lbs. And as orange as a pumpkin! Miss him terribly. I'm also a big dog lover as well. Just have 1 left now.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

We've got a dog, 2 rabbits, 2 birds and 3 goldfish.

They all helped me in their own way.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by raja12 View Post
Fandy...Slim is 19? Wow you have been blessed. And good looking too. My hearts still heavy with grief, but know Koby is in a better place now. Little oz looks adorable too. Hold them close and cherish every day you have with them. It goes by way 2 quickly.
No, that picture is NOT Slim, that is Fandy, he is 1/2 siamese and 1/2 maine coon-ish.

Slim's pic is on my notebook at home...he is much larger/longer with a 17" tail than Fandy, who is fat and "stubby"

I have 4 cats and a little Pom dog. (Slim, Fandy, Pookie, Ozzwaldo and Sammy)
Old 05-08-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Anyway, great you have so many good friends. I've only had a few pets in my life, we were not allowed to have pets as children. I would have more if I could afford it.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I recently lost my 19 year old cat. I am blessed to have been sober for the last few months of her life. We got to spend a lot of quality time together rather than me being occupied with the bottle. I can only imagine the bender I wouldve gone on if i had still been drinking when I lost her but I stayed strong. She is my little kitty guardian angel.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

wow.. 19 years old Halzuzu and Fandy. That is incredible. Well.. I might as well share one more pic. My cats are all very young. I have 4 new maine coon kitties, Daddy is 1, Mom is 2..

This pic is of Dad (Jack and Jack Jr.) Jack is 100% deaf. Weird thing is he takes care of the kittens as if he were there Mother. Cleans them, carries them back to their "nest".. sleeps with them. They all love him. I never knew male cats were such good Mothers..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...04816965_o.jpg
Old 05-09-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

That is such a joyful, absolutely beautiful photo...Thanks for posting !
Old 05-11-2013, 01:50 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Your welcome
Old 05-11-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Not weird at all.

I have four cats and a dog. I love all of them but two of my cats (Igor and Elwood) and my dog Gracie Lou are my saviors. They make me laugh everyday especially when I am down and laughing is the last thing I feel like doing. When I cry they are like salty water magnets. They stick with me until I snuggle them all to let them know I am okay.

When I am working through something I talk to them. Hell, even when I am not working through something I talk to them. They are my furry therapy.

Elwood aka PITA aka Stabby

Igor aka Schmee aka Sneezle Weasel aka Mr. McSnugglepuss

Gracie Lou aka Gracie Lou Who

Old 05-11-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

2012-01-14+12.18.59 (2).jpg

as promised, that is Slim the 19 year old Maine Coon on the end...Ozzwaldo as a baby and Pookie on the other side.

Fandy is in the previous picture with the dog.

Slim's head is the size of a grapefruit. His father was a famous Grand Champion in many classes back in 1999-2000, he just passed away last year (Tsumaki of Storm Watch), Slim's mother was Chinook of the same cattery.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

LOVE those kitties! They are awesome!

I've had multiple cats in my home for years. I can't say that my cats helped me become sober, but they've definitely been a motivation to help me stay that way. I know they could tell when I'd been drinking before and they can now tell that I am sober. It's obvious that they like sober MUCH better because they hang around me a lot more. I was never an angry drunk and I'd rather cut off my foot than hurt my cats, but I am sure the personality change was noticeable to them. I am also a more reliable cat mommy because Sober Me gets up every day at the same time to clean litter boxes and fill food dishes.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

thanks Miyako and Fandy.. Fandy.. I can't believe how old your Maine Coon is!!! Must be living clean..