Notices

what is rehab like?

Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what is rehab like?

i think i need alcohol rehab..but im scared. my brother is a RN and he says he thinks i also need it. im not physically addicted, just mentally. i have bad social anxiety in groups...that is my main fear, but the one-on-one interaction scares me too. cuz i cant be me.. i've had an alcohol counselor and felt really uncomfortable talking to her at times when she asked personal questions and tried to get to know me... would i be forced to do anything that made me too uncomfortable? is what im asking. i guess. i wanna do it, just terrified of that aspect.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

my friend, dont let fear of the unknown stop ya. rehab is there to help ya and so is yer counselor, ut in order to help, yer gonna have to open up about yerself. yup, it was hard for me at 1st. my self esteem was so low i was terrified of what others would think of me if i opened up about the real me, but guess what? all i got was help! using my thinkin to fix me wasnt workin. letting others in and letting them help me was the best thing i ever did.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Its like a lot of good food, classes, AA (for me), workshops, chores, smoking on the patio. Early morning prayers and meditation. Coffee, and a ;lot of it. Structure. Outings. Writing. Your social anxiety may be present in this setting. It is present now. This would be a good time to work on it. You will not be putting on any presentations or anything. You will not be public speaking. You will go there to live for awhile and sort things out.