Notices

Any advise?

Old 05-06-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any advise?

Ok I never thought I would be in here talking about my addiction but here I am, I guess its the first step? Im day 3 clean, I feel horrible, Ive been through this several times so you would think I should know better by now. I am addicted to opiates, dont matter which Opiate I will take anything thats available, but I want to be done with this demon! I have lost everything because of this addiction, at this point Im pretty angry with myself. The longest Ive been clean was 39 days, I still didnt feel " Normal ". Can anyone tell me how long I have to feel this way before I will feel like a human being again?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

I don't know about opiates, but I'm over 80 days free from alcohol and I can say that it's still a mixed bag. I'm having lots of sleep/fatigue issues and am still pretty moody.

That said, I'm also happier than I've been in years. And most of the time, I do feel normal. As in I'll make jokes and laugh and be outgoing while sober... all stuff I never thought I could do without being drunk.

What I did was I made a goal of 90 days just to get started... to see what it was like. That way I didn't have to stress about doing it for ever or not. I'm still not quite done with those 90 days but based on what I've experienced I'm going to commit to another 90... and then when I get there make another decision.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Its a hard road I know that! But Im determined Im gonna do it this time! Ive sat here all day reading post, blogs, etc.. and I honestly believe it helps, of course Im feeling like death right now an cant even drag myself off the couch, I had a " friend " come in just an hour ago and ask if I wanted a pill! I actually said NO Im done with it, it was hard to turn down but the words seemed to just roll off my tongue. I know it will get better with each day, although it dont feel like it will ever get any better right now. Im also doing this alone, no help from anyone, no encouragement at all so thats probably be be a little hard for me. But Good Luck to you Fantail, & thank you so much for taking the time to respond, thats helps alot too
Old 05-06-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi.

I'm so glad you found SR. We do have forum here specific to substance abuse that you may want to post on too. I thought I'd give you the link:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Of course you can always post here in New Comers but I think you may find people with more experience with opiates in the substance abuse forum.

Best to you.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you received