Notices

What keeps you going?! :)

Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What keeps you going?! :)

My "I care about life" is running a little low. What are some things you guys do or think about to keep you caring? I would really appreciate some inspiration.

<3 Thanks!

--Melvin--
Old 05-06-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Waking up in the morning and knowing that I will experience life without the chemical cosh of alcohol. Be it terrible or exhilarating.

Feeling the uncertainty and fear of a future that is unknown to me. rather than pushing it out of my mind with an intoxicant.

Being able to walk into work and feel like a professional man, rather than a frightened child.

Knowing that I have a warm flat, a shower, a soft bed and the kisses from a woman who loves me. And being able to actually feel that love today, rather than being scared to let my guard down and experience the bitter sweetness of love.

Having the clear headedness to help, listen and talk to my father who quite recently lost his wife and my mother to a fatal stroke.

The list is endless.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shauninspain View Post
Waking up in the morning and knowing that I will experience life without the chemical cosh of alcohol. Be it terrible or exhilarating.

Feeling the uncertainty and fear of a future that is unknown to me. rather than pushing it out of my mind with an intoxicant.

Being able to walk into work and feel like a professional man, rather than a frightened child.

Knowing that I have a warm flat, a shower, a soft bed and the kisses from a woman who loves me. And being able to actually feel that love today, rather than being scared to let my guard down and experience the bitter sweetness of love.

Having the clear headedness to help, listen and talk to my father who quite recently lost his wife and my mother to a fatal stroke.

The list is endless.
Beautiful, eloquent post. Thank you.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Agreed, that was beautiful to read and very inspiring
Old 05-06-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shauninspain View Post

The list is endless.
(I shortened this for space) But yes, this is beautiful. Thank you

Anyone else?