Notices

Beautiful sunshine and alcohol craving......

Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beautiful sunshine and alcohol craving......

Ahhh so it's really warm and sunny here in London today. Normally I would be getting lunch ready + a nice bottle of something or other in the fridge to go with lunch BBQ and then prob have a nap at 4 ish then repeat at 6 ish. A normal summer bank holiday day! Today - day 2 is a new start.....more lists and just going to keep busy garden and clean! Chocolate also helps lol!! Anyone else relate? Hope im not alone!! x
Old 05-06-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisyboo View Post
Ahhh so it's really warm and sunny here in London today. Normally I would be getting lunch ready + a nice bottle of something or other in the fridge to go with lunch BBQ and then prob have a nap at 4 ish then repeat at 6 ish. A normal summer bank holiday day! Today - day 2 is a new start.....more lists and just going to keep busy garden and clean! Chocolate also helps lol!! Anyone else relate? Hope im not alone!! x
YESSSS- its a sunny day here in ireland too, altho not as warm as london im guessing (grew up there, only moved here 2 yrs ago.........this is my 3rd day without wine but i know the temptation is gonna hit me come the afternoon time- im tryin to think of things to do in my house- i dont wanna try and do too much (i get stressed verryyy easily) but im just gonna clean abit in my kitchen for a start- and i know im gonna be stuffing my face too- but i dont care as long as it keeps me off the wine.xx
Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Yep, that's your AV (alcoholic voice) telling you it's a nice day so you deserve some wine! By all means enjoy yourself, just not with the wine.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ahhh thanks guys! I'm not alone thank goodness!! Think I will cut the lawn at 4, need to keep a plan and structure for the day! Redhead1982-I'm on day 2, well done for reaching day 3! Pm me later if you want some support, I know I will need it later on, enjoy the sunshine and keep busy!! Xxx
Old 05-06-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisyboo View Post
Ahhh thanks guys! I'm not alone thank goodness!! Think I will cut the lawn at 4, need to keep a plan and structure for the day! Redhead1982-I'm on day 2, well done for reaching day 3! Pm me later if you want some support, I know I will need it later on, enjoy the sunshine and keep busy!! Xxx
Thanks hun yea, its pretty much after 12ish i get cravings- bad i know. see everything I do at home revolved around wine- watching tv, listening to muic, being on my laptop- absolutely everything- so its very hard when everything u do has revolved around wine, and u associate everything with wine.x
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I kept some of that luxury cocolate chip ice cream in the freezer (£5 for a small pot) hidden from my mum
Alcohol was my reward for getting through difficult days and putting the dinner on after work ... well every day .. So i substituted chocolate chip ice cream ... i kept on with that for maybe 3 months , but slowly weaned myself off it . Whatever get's you through

Bestwishes on day 2 , M
Old 05-06-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, the sunny days and the hot summer nights. That was always an excuse to launch my brain into orbit. Something magical about it. There was nothing magical about the next morning though. Nice Summer days/nights were one of my triggers. I'm trying to relearn how to enjoy them. Sometimes it's not easy being human. Onward!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The sun and nice warm weather has finally hit the Northern United States as well and it can make me think about drinking at times.....however...there is nothing so bad in my life that a drink will cure. I've learned the hard way that when I drink it makes everything worse. So enjoy the sun and the beautiful sky and form some new habits on what to do with yourself so you won't drive yourself nuts the rest of the summer.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I totally understand. Often my relapses would come in the form of positivity and a feeling of wellness. The 'What on Earth could go wrong if I just had a couple of drinks'..... type of thinking. Beware the sunshine! lol