Notices

Day 3 Alcohol Free........

Old 05-06-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 Alcohol Free........

ok so i know its early days yet- and i will most definetly get that very strong urge to buy wine at some point today- but i was very stressed yesterday and very nearly bought it but fought with all my willpower not to- even looked straight at it in the supermarket aisle and just went to the checkout with my few bits. I cant remember the last time i went 2 whole days without drinking- and im on day 3 now Even tho i was very stressed i just reminded myself of EXACTLY how crap and horrible id feel after the first few glasses of wine- and i chose not to buy it. Went to a friends house for dinner in the next town- the town wher the AA meetings are infact- and her and her husband both said anytime i wanted to go to AA just to drop my son over to them. So thats what im going to do. Again, i know its onnly day 3 but for me thats a big step.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Great job, Redhead. Keep it up! In early sobriety every day is a huge step forward.

Take care)
Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 3 redhead

D
Old 05-06-2013, 01:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done Redhead, hope day 3 is a great day for you.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Redhead, Day 3 Alcohol Free........? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Yes it is a very big step, so proud of you. The intensity of the urges will diminish with time, so please just hang in there.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
Redhead, Day 3 Alcohol Free........? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Yes it is a very big step, so proud of you. The intensity of the urges will diminish with time, so please just hang in there.
Thank you so much I dont know how im going to feel for the rest of the day- with having BPD my moods shift very quickly from hour to hour- but im just going to do my best to convince myself when i get that urge that my life feels so much better without it. ive let the house go a fair bit and it needs a clean from top to bottom, but i dont wanna do too much, so im just gonna do abit of cleaning in my kitchen today- my house is very big and it seems like a mammoth task just thinking about it.