Blogs

Notices

i need support

Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

to a great place to hang out to dry out!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

cant say as i ever lost anything when i was drinkin, but i gave away a lot. since i got into recovery, the greatest thing i have been granted by the grace of God is life.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The weekend. At first the weekends were just endured. Now I love waking up without a hangover with the energy to enjoy the day.

Basically I try to stay busy, get some exercise, and get to bed and wake up early. I try to meet with friends or family at least once. I keep a list of "things to do" in my back pocket. When I feel bored or start getting those "thoughts", I pull out the list and do something. The list has ambitious things and simple things like "soak in a hot shower". Hope it helps. keep posting!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce292 For This Useful Post:
inlovewithlife (05-11-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 12:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm newly sober too and the weekends are what I dread the most. What works for me is having a pretty clear schedule for my day as well as avoidance strategies in place e.g. I'm single so this weekend I'll start off with an AA meeting Fri evening, then a movie at a sober friend's place and crash there, do some biking Saturday morning, then some work, visit a friend in the afternoon, AA meeting in the evening and dinner with the guys thereafter...you get the drift. For avoidance, I know I can always say no, call someone, pray to my higher power, get out of there quick...etc.