Notices

Sleep is the only

Old 05-04-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sleep is the only

Im 3 months sober and am really quite bored when I can't get to a meeting. It's Sat so there aren't that many and my list of people that go to night meetings are slim. I do a lot of sleeping and laying in bed watching movies and Breaking Bad.

I must get a job this wed was supossed to be an informal interview but now I'm going to a car auction with my dad. Which I'm getting a car to drive semi legally when the 26th comes because I will have a suspended license which they will make restricted if I have a job and hopefully to meetings.

The wreckage is overwhelming at times and losing my license for a year is unthinkable that's why I'm on fire about getting a job but I'm also bored out of my mind. I like that little list you guys made of what to do. I'll have to go over it again because I still can't bring myself to do a lot of them. I'm just so scared its kind of hard to go outside and I don't have the attention span to read. And now someone is playing loud music by my house.

I sound like a hermit and sorry to be such a downer I'm not necissarily having trouble staying sober I'm just having trouble with life on lifes terms and getting back on my feet, literally lol I'm in bed like half the day. Well I posted this to take some time up and it has sufficiently because I am typing with my laptop in an awkward position in the dark. Thanks for reading, nice to meet you my names Lindsay.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, L !

You'll find this forum is helpful when you can't get to a meeting.

Thanks for posting!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The nice thing about SR is that there's someone here all hours of the day and night. So if you can't get to a meeting, there's always SR.