Notices

My fifth day

Old 05-04-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My fifth day

Hi All,

It is my fifth day of not turning to alcohol for my problems. My fifth day of enjoying my family with a clear head and mind. Going to face this life head on and stop making excuses!

I have much to be thankful for, including this forum. I am not alone!

It is a great day.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FindingTee View Post
Hi All,

It is my fifth day of not turning to alcohol for my problems. My fifth day of enjoying my family with a clear head and mind. Going to face this life head on and stop making excuses!

I have much to be thankful for, including this forum. I am not alone!

It is a great day.

Hey there your post is very inspiring- im on day 1, after drinking alot of wine last nite, so i feel very crap and depressed and suspect im gonna feel worse tomorrow. How have ur first 5 days been? what were the toughest parts? and do u really feel that much better in 5 days? just trying to work out what im in for thats all- very well done by the way.xx
Old 05-04-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm on day 5 too. Day 4 was rough. Today is better but still battling some issues. I'm glad you're holding strong. It encourages me to do the same.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Welcome FT. Just up 101 from you in the Greater Phoenix Metro... Lots of good people here. Enjoy the beautiful day!
Old 05-04-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me too Keep your head up and stay strong!
Old 05-04-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your fifth day is better than a fifth a day! Sorry, bad joke.
Keep it up things will only get better.
And yes, very well done. Keep it up!
Old 05-04-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 05-04-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR FindingTee

D
Old 05-04-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
New beginnings are the best!

Today is an awesome day! I got so much done and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Glad you had a great day 5!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good job, Tee! You sound so positive, that's wonderful. I can't believe I thought I'd have no life without alcohol. It was destroying me, and stealing all the joy & hope from my life. You're doing great - glad to have you with us.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wonderful attitude FindingTee....keep it up!!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for getting to Day 5!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

To all of you thank you for welcoming me. While it is good to talk to family about this stuff, your whole relationship cannot be comprised of it. So glad to have a place and people to talk to so I don't overwhelm my family!

My first couple of days were bad but not because of the withdrawals . . . they were bad because of the emotional pain. You see, I nearly died last Monday (from wine and darvocet) and was admitted to an ICU. I am thankful now that I didn't.

I am in danger of losing my husband and his family (his parents will not talk to me at all now). Our children are not aware. My husband did not know I was drinking so much. I hid it very well. He is shocked, and also shocked that I would try to take my life. I would not blame him if he could not get through this with me.

Otherwise, the detoxification process hasn't been great, but I'm just happy to be alive. On the third and fourth night, I completely soaked my clothing three times from the sweating. The fifth night twice. I often am very tired and clammy. I have been losing weight even though I'm eating more. That tells you how much I truly was drinking every day. I'm trying to reverse the severe malnutrition (my doctor's words) I've put my body through simply because my liver was trying hard just to keep up with processing the alcohol!

I've been spending my time trying to educate myself and stay positive. The 'alcohol ghost' is still with me; I still forget and start to go to the wine fridge to get a drink . . . But then I remember . . . I'm an alcoholic. And I don't drink anymore.

Your jokes are welcome with me . . . You have to have a sense of humor or you won't make it!

Again, thanks for the welcome. Hope I can do the same for others on here. Another day has almost passed!