Notices

New dont even know where to start

Old 05-04-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New dont even know where to start

I'm new to the forum but not to my son's addiction. When I first found out he was using I did what ever mother I think does I said "where did I go wrong?" But then later a friend of our was running for sheriff and his back was with the DEA explained to my husband and I that it wasn't our fault. Good kids raised in good homes make bad choices. But still in the back of my mind I wonder what I could have done differently. But I don't believe there is anything I could have done. He made his choice to do drugs to turn our family inside out and upside down.

When he's sober you couldn't ask for a better kid, he's kind and loving, helpful. But when he's using he can be mean, hateful and violent. He's a teenager and honestly he scares me. Should he go into a rage the boy could really hurt someone.

Then there's the fact that we spend so much time trying to keep him sober that our other two children feel left out and ignored. That breaks my heart. I love them all! I try to be a good mother. I was an tossed into the ring of motherhood early in life but I thought I was doing pretty well. Until two years ago.

He's in a program through our county court system I'm hoping that he will want to stop this time. Because I know that until he does there's no helping him.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Al Anon or Naranon might also help you!

Hugs,
~SB