Notices

Feeling better

Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling better

Im finishing up day 4. Last night I was extremely depressed. I didn't sleep hardly any last night. Got out of bed exhausted, depressed and in a very foul mood. I debated all day whether I would just go home after work and crawl in bed so I could wallow in misery. I decided to force myself to do stuff so I went to Dillard's and spent a Christmas gift card. Then took my dog to the park. Came home and ate dinner (from the drive thru) and spent time cleaning, washing clothes and playing with the dog. I'm so glad I did that stuff because I feel better emotionally. I actually lived a "normal" life tonight and it encouraged me. I've got another sober day under my belt and it feels so good!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know what is awesome? With each passing day the uncomfortable feeling eases and we start to experience the new "normalcy" of our life. What was supposed to be all along, I guess. I am happy that you can see and feel a difference. That is what this is all about. The freedom to go about life without the bottle. Keep up the goof work. Onward and upwards!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
Im finishing up day 4. Last night I was extremely depressed. I didn't sleep hardly any last night. Got out of bed exhausted, depressed and in a very foul mood. I debated all day whether I would just go home after work and crawl in bed so I could wallow in misery. I decided to force myself to do stuff so I went to Dillard's and spent a Christmas gift card. Then took my dog to the park. Came home and ate dinner (from the drive thru) and spent time cleaning, washing clothes and playing with the dog. I'm so glad I did that stuff because I feel better emotionally. I actually lived a "normal" life tonight and it encouraged me. I've got another sober day under my belt and it feels so good!!!
That is the way to go!!! Congrats, you are fighting a battle that is not the easiest but has the greatest rewards. You are making great efforts... Congrats on another day sober...
Old 05-03-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great stuff!.your doing superb!!..the blues and bad moods will get slowly turn to happy thoughts !

Keep going!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sometimes it seems to me i have to grind the day out like a chore , great thing about keeping sober is it puts you ahead for tomorow morning . Be proud you got through another day ..
finishing day 4

Bestwishes, M
Old 05-03-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know, I know cliché , but it gets easier.
But really be proud of yourself for each sober day. Sometimes, its ok to just take time to lay in bed, sulk, whatever (just don't let it last for too long) give yourself time to heal, You didn't do this damage to your body & mind in 4 days, it will take time for it all to heal.
Be Kind to yourself.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words!