Notices

Odd question

Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Odd question

Ok, so i am always being asked what my sobriety date is. I took my last drink midday July 2nd 2012, i always tell people the first week of july, because honestly i dont know whether or not to count my sobriety date as the last day i took a drink or the day following, HELP? silly of me but now its bugging me.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New and learning

Good question! I always wondered too. I have decided my sobriety date is the first day I did not drink.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would say it is the first day you did not drink, so you can now say proudly to those who ask that it is July 3, 2012.
Congratulations!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for this post, I have been wondering the same thing. I slipped and got drunk the night of April 24th and then the following morning had 3 beers, but was able to stop myself and was sober the rest of the day. Not sure if I should be on Day 8 or 9? Sounds silly to be worrying about a day I guess, but just want to have the right day.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Thanks for this post, I have been wondering the same thing. I slipped and got drunk the night of April 24th and then the following morning had 3 beers, but was able to stop myself and was sober the rest of the day. Not sure if I should be on Day 8 or 9? Sounds silly to be worrying about a day I guess, but just want to have the right day.
Hey ladybug!

Everyday counts, another response was made that i think sounds pretty good, the day you do not drink is the first day. So i would say the day after you had the last beer. AND CONGRATS!!! EVERYDAY IS A DAY WORTH CELEBRATING!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
I would say it is the first day you did not drink, so you can now say proudly to those who ask that it is July 3, 2012.
Congratulations!
Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!