Notices

Lost but not forgotten

Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost but not forgotten

Hello all,

It has been a few months since i have been on here. I used to have another account years back but had a major downfall. I opened this one up awhile back but have neglected to use it.

Well i feel it is time for me to get back into the practice of using this site, because it is such a wonderful site for me. I am an alcholic. I have been drinking since i was 12 years old. Somewhere along the line i just thought that was all to life. I did not come from a home where there was drinking or drugs. The home i was raised in was a very good home, and im not just saying that. I learned alot of my ways on my own. I got sober for about a year and then moved to florida where all i did for the first year i was here was party. I got myself into trouble and well it really opened my eyes. Now that i am sober, 1 year on july 2, i think of all the changes i have made and all the things i still need to work on. I not only have to relearn daily habits, but i have to pretty much start out like a growing child. It gets really hard at time. I have great support via my family, but they are all so far away. I feel myself at time doing things or thinking in ways that i used to, and i know if i do not change the process i will be drinking again. So i fight myself to the bone to stay on track. I believe if i started regularly coming to this site, and meeting when possible, it will help me alot. I am living with a man who tries to act like he knows it all, but at the same time acts like i dont have a struggle within myself daily. It seems like living here is making this transition back to life harder. but it also helps build me to be strong. I struggle daily with the things i have done to others whom i care about. Some things i just can not seem to get off my mind. I just dont know how to handle some of the feelings i am feeling and honestly i dont really have any one i can express these to and have them just listen.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome totalchange. I'm so glad you're here and ready to reach out for help.

I understand how you feel - I was totally alone with my addiction. No one really got what I was going through. When I found SR I felt a huge relief - I could actually be myself here - I didn't have to feel ashamed. I hope you'll feel the same - and keep posting.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Welcome totalchange. I'm so glad you're here and ready to reach out for help.

I understand how you feel - I was totally alone with my addiction. No one really got what I was going through. When I found SR I felt a huge relief - I could actually be myself here - I didn't have to feel ashamed. I hope you'll feel the same - and keep posting.
Thank you so much, this helps alot. I know i just need to let go and allow myself to move forward, whats done is done, i can not change things, i can just move forward and grow.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by totalchange View Post
Hello all,

It has been a few months since i have been on here. I used to have another account years back but had a major downfall. I opened this one up awhile back but have neglected to use it.

Well i feel it is time for me to get back into the practice of using this site, because it is such a wonderful site for me. I am an alcholic. I have been drinking since i was 12 years old. Somewhere along the line i just thought that was all to life. I did not come from a home where there was drinking or drugs. The home i was raised in was a very good home, and im not just saying that. I learned alot of my ways on my own. I got sober for about a year and then moved to florida where all i did for the first year i was here was party. I got myself into trouble and well it really opened my eyes. Now that i am sober, 1 year on july 2, i think of all the changes i have made and all the things i still need to work on. I not only have to relearn daily habits, but i have to pretty much start out like a growing child. It gets really hard at time. I have great support via my family, but they are all so far away. I feel myself at time doing things or thinking in ways that i used to, and i know if i do not change the process i will be drinking again. So i fight myself to the bone to stay on track. I believe if i started regularly coming to this site, and meeting when possible, it will help me alot. I am living with a man who tries to act like he knows it all, but at the same time acts like i dont have a struggle within myself daily. It seems like living here is making this transition back to life harder. but it also helps build me to be strong. I struggle daily with the things i have done to others whom i care about. Some things i just can not seem to get off my mind. I just dont know how to handle some of the feelings i am feeling and honestly i dont really have any one i can express these to and have them just listen.

AA helps a lot. Lots a people to help you.

AA Tuesday Nights
7:30 pm Bronson Believers 13451 Midway Plaza - NE Alt 27 O.D.WC Bronson

AA meeting Friday Night
7:30 pm Bronson Believers Old Town Hall - 660 Hathaway Avenue (27A)
Old 05-03-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post

AA Tuesday Nights

AA meeting Friday Night
Thank you, i just moved out here in january. thank you for sending me this information!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post

AA Tuesday Nights

AA meeting Friday Night
Thank you so much. I made it to the meeting tonight and do i feel so much better. Its amazing what this site and meetings can do. I live way out in the woods, so this site is a huge part, for when i can not make the meetings.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Best of luck in your journey totalchange. I hope you realise that for a newbie like me to read a post like yours it's inspiring because it gives me some hope that I can achieve what you have achieved. Your nearly one year sober that's an amazing achievement in my book.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Darkplace,

You to will get there. I do the one day at a time, but i also have goals and plans for the day each day. this journey has not been the easiest for me, but i must say it has been very rewarding. The struggles we face daily dont seem near as intense as they were the first day or week or even month. I still have my days and i come here. Without each and every person on here and in groups, i know this would not be possible. I have learned not to let my mind control the situation when i feel like i am slipping, i do what i know i need to in order to stay sober and sometimes it seems hard, but when i get through it, i feel good about my life. Just keep on chipping away!!! And remember sometimes our minds like to fool us!! You are doing great!!!

Live life dont let life live you!!!