Notices

Day 7, busy weekend ahead!

Old 05-03-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7, busy weekend ahead!

It’s been a few days since I posted, happy to say things have been great! I have been going to AA meetings and other meetings that help me remain focused on my sobriety. Learned so much about the selfishness of the alcoholic personality and been more aware of my thoughts, catching them before they have the opportunity to damage.

At one of the AA meetings this past week we read from the Big Book (wonder why it’s called that) and one of the stories was an exact experience of what I went through as a child, Déjà vu right there, it brought back painful memories. This would have caused me to drink immediately but to be able to talk about it with the group and also have some possible explanations of why my parents acted the way they did many years ago brought me immense peace.

Busy weekend ahead, I was able to stay sober last weekend but had a glass of champagne which compromised my sobriety so this weekend I’m staying away from parties, gatherings and the like and have lined up quite a bit of community service work, spring cleaning (though the weather hasn’t gotten the memo), biking and catching up with friends.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post!! Sounds like you're growing to me!! Remember progress not perfection!!

This link is in SR.. All for AA folks.. There are a lot of nice people and old timers with some serious sobriety time you can bounce stuff of.. I've found it very helpful! Stay strong this weekend, you can do it!! Again, kudos on your time!!

Alcoholism-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link Dave!