Notices

Hard evening

Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hard evening

Today started out great and all was great until my dinner plans got ruined. I was going to cook to keep myself busy but my bf's brother had a frozen pizza all cooked when I got to their house. My bf forgot to tell him the dinner plans. So I took the dog on a 2 mile walk and made cookies. I'm still really down though and feel like crying. I'm sure it's because I miss my best friend aka the bottle. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

It's hard when out well laid plans don't go the way we want but such is life. Just think of tonight as a night off cooking for you. I know when my life doesn't do what i tell it to i get angry, even resentful. That's when my alcoholic voice gets a little louder. A petulant whine. "But i had it PLANNED! So it my will, my way!" I am coming to know now that no matter how hard i try, my life will not do what I want it to do. Heck, if i had my will rule my life i'd be able to drink like a lady! But that's not the Universe's plan for me. And i gotta be okay with that. Accepting life on life's terms. I cannot micromanage my life and expect it to act like i want. All we can do is accept life's hiccups and learn to live peacefully within them. Peacefully doesn't always mean happily. Good on you for taking the pup out and taking care of yourself! Keep moving forward and living as a starring player in your life, not the director, producer, lighting person and sound person. That's not our job. That's for the Universe to take care of. Take care, hon.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

But you stayed Sober! Well done with that, Heres to a new 24 hours!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

pizza is a snack.

you could always cook in your own home, can't you?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have noticed that I'm still way too emotional. My feelings are changing from happy to sad in few minutes...
I'm sorry your plans were ruined but good job staying sober!! I hope you get some rest and feel stronger tomorrow
Old 05-02-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
pizza is a snack.

you could always cook in your own home, can't you?
Yes I could cook in my home. Unfortunately it's not fun cooking for just me. I don't have family in the area nor do I have any close friends. Being home alone makes me want to drink.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done for getting through it!..it's tough sometimes and the ups and downs are pants!

You did ace though and today I'm sure will be loads better! :-)
Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Sober people in AA to hang out with by calling here:

Auburn/Opelika
Auburn Opelika Intergroup
Main: (334)745-8405
Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, Sinderos,
I feel as you do, very vulnerable to drinking because I'm alone, and I thought of wine sort of as my best friend, always there for me, never let me down, soothed all my sadness, and loneliness. Now, I'm trying to reframe wine/alcohol like an abusive boyfriend, always trying to lure me back with promises of making me feel better, feel loved and comforted, only to beat me up the next day. (Never actually experienced this, thank goodness, I had a wonderful loving husband.) Little by little, we will break that bond with what we thought of as our best friend.
I'm with you, have a good day!