Notices

Day 37 of sobriety

Old 05-02-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 37 of sobriety

It is my 37th day of sobriety. It is my day off. I haven't done anything today and my boyfriend just left to go train. I really want a drink. I remember throwing a half empty pint of vodka over my fence and have caught myself thinking about getting it.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmm. Well why did you throw it over the fence ?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I threw it ago over the fence 37 days ago b/c I was finished. I may have drank it all, can't remember
Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I threw it over 37 days ago b/c i didn't want to drink anymore. sorry my mouse screwed that reply up
Old 05-02-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've done so well but I have this frustration inside. It is why am I sitting here waiting hand and foot and depriving myself. If I want to drink or whatever, I should be able to. Everyone else can smoke a bowl or have a drink after work or on a day off. I bust my ass more than ever and I am not getting a reward back. The drink was the reward...now what??? grr
Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It was not just the reward tho. it was everything. Now it isn't everything but is all I can think about right now
Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can really relate to that. I had a job offer today to go up in the hills and work with a guy who is in the AA program, but smokes weed. The last time I was up there I wanted to smoke. I was practically salivating. I had to tell him no. It's not that I can't smoke, because I can. It's not that I can't drink, because I can. I choose not to today because I can't drink or smoke like other people can, and I don't want the consequences of the first one.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Robyn-

Do you have a sponsor or another recovering alcoholic you could call? Sometimes it is good to just talk about it out loud. Remember why you quit drinking and then maybe you will remember that drinking never made things better. Believe me, I understand. I have felt that way too, just not today.

Last edited by Sharby; 05-02-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelled name wrong
Old 05-02-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If I smoke weed my head thinks waaaaaay too much. I just want to relax and feel calm...I am always on edge and my head is too much for me. I have been trying to trick myself into believing that everything is fine but for once I just want to be level
Old 05-02-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have a ladies # that I met at a meeting. just don't know her and I am just at a low point right now..."woe as me" I know inside that I will pass this it is just frusturating
Old 05-02-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Have you tried meditation?