SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Ye Olde Sober Weekend Thread 3-5 May (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/293376-ye-olde-sober-weekend-thread-3-5-may.html)

Nonsensical 05-02-2013 09:18 AM

Ye Olde Sober Weekend Thread 3-5 May

From this day unto the ending of the world
We in it shall be remembered.
We few, we happy few, we band of Sober Siblings
For he (or she!) who shuns the drink with me this weekend
Shall be my sober sibling be he ne'er so vile,
This weekend shall gentle his condition
And sufferers in taverns quaffing poison
Shall think themselves accurst they were not HERE
And hold their manhoods cheap when he speaks
Who stayed sober with us this first weekend in May!

Thought I'd try a new theme. :)

Nonsensical 05-02-2013 09:20 AM

P.S. I have Friday off, so I am out of the gate early for the weekend!

Weasel1966 05-02-2013 09:23 AM

Interesting approach there non.... Sober siblings we are huh?

I am in for this weekend. It's a big one for me with regard to things going on around here.

K

Fandy 05-02-2013 09:56 AM

yes, "holding your manhood" for a long weekend...a new theme indeed!

and tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo:You_Rock_

Weasel1966 05-02-2013 10:00 AM

Thank you fandy.... I certainly was not going to jump on that. But since it was brought up?

:) :)

rainyengland 05-02-2013 10:03 AM

In !!. It's my eldest 10th birthday so party time!..will be the first birthday of any of my 4 kids that I will have been sober for

Very sobering that fact :-(

Northlander 05-02-2013 10:05 AM

I won't be holding my manhood this weekend, just a shovel....

http://keithsmithconcrete.com/wp-con.../Shoveling.jpg

Happy #$%@# May!

roosta 05-02-2013 10:17 AM

In too! Working most of the weekend and getting the house in order for my husband's return. Cinco de Mayo was never a big drinking day for me, I binged all last weekend though. Looking forward to a sober, peaceful weekend. Take care, all!

Northlander 05-02-2013 10:21 AM

Hey rainyengland - big congrats on the first sober birthday!

Good for you roosta on planning a sober weekened.

Saturday is the Parkinson's fundraiser walk (or snowshoe, depending on how things go). Then later this month the Relay for Life (breast cancer) and the AIDS Walk. Since I do all three, I am planning on walking - rather than stumbling - for charity.

terribob 05-02-2013 10:28 AM

I'm with you. Got a very challenging situation for me, a theme park. My typical trip is from beer stand to beer stand, but I promised my daughter and I'm not breaking it to her. I will go, I will not drink, we will have a great time!

MsHyde 05-02-2013 10:33 AM

Challenging week end for me too, a party with some drinking friends tomorrow and a music festival on Sat. Usually drinking situations for me, but I already have everything planned in order to stay sober (and I've made myself designated driver anyway so there won't be any pressure to drink).
Stay strong everyone and have lots of sober fun!

Nonsensical 05-02-2013 10:35 AM

I hope your naughty interpretation of Shakespeare doesn't get me in trouble with the Mods!

Friday morning I'll be building a deck railing. Friday afternoon I am having lunch with a beautiful young strawberry blonde, then going to review our estate plan with a beautiful middle-aged blonde. Friday evening there's a handsome blonde man coming home from college, so we'll probably kill the fatted calf (or probably some fatted california rolls, since sushi is his favorite!)

Saturday finishing the railing and hopefully the benches for my deck.

Sunday?? What? No Plans? OMG!

Coldfusion 05-02-2013 10:36 AM

Ye Olde Sober Weekend Thread 3-5 May

Originally Posted by Nonsensical (Post 3946885)
From this day unto the ending of the world
We in it shall be remembered.
We few, we happy few, we band of Sober Siblings
For he (or she!) who shuns the drink with me this weekend
Shall be my sober sibling be he ne'er so vile,
This weekend shall gentle his condition
And sufferers in taverns quaffing poison
Shall think themselves accurst they were not HERE
And hold their manhoods cheap when he speaks
Who stayed sober with us this first weekend in May!

:c029:

I'm in!

Fandy 05-02-2013 11:08 AM

I recommend broiling some scallops wrapped in bacon....served with white hot horseradish sauce...a lovely Sunday Hors d'Oeurve.

mecanix 05-02-2013 11:23 AM

WoW Non for a guy in America you have almost european amounts of holiday :)

This weekend i'll be plumbing in a washing machine and writing a song for a friend as a supprise cheer me up here in the uk , bank holiday monday sooo a long weekend here .

Looks like it might be a hot one so i might put some lemon barley water in the fridge to cool ..

Bestwishes , M

MsHyde 05-03-2013 01:20 AM

OK so Jeff Hanneman from Slayer passed away... but I won't take this for a drinking pretext. I think there will gonna be lots of Slayer listening tonight (we're all metalheads at this party) and if there is too much drinking I will just leave.

Fandy 05-03-2013 02:41 AM

Oops, my mistake...i was reading Cinco deMayo off the hospital cafeteria menu...they are doing it early. No marachi band on Sunday.
I am sitting on 11 weeks of vacation. (State govt. Employee-teamsters union)...we had extra time off last year due to hurricane, so they allowed us to carry over extra weeks...i 've been there almost 27 years so i get 6 weeks a year.
I wish i was off today!....but i will make do with cream cheese and lox for breakfast. On a sesame bagel...with fruit for my am snack, and black tiger coffee super caff.

Snaggle 05-03-2013 02:51 AM

Count me in too! I am off work at lunchtime today (going to put up a greenhouse) and its a holiday here on Monday too - so a long weekend to cope with.

Just read that back and realised how warped it is - I should be looking forward to a long weekend - not thinking about how I will cope with it!!!!!!

Snaggle 05-03-2013 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Northlander (Post 3946951)
I won't be holding my manhood this weekend, just a shovel....

http://keithsmithconcrete.com/wp-con.../Shoveling.jpg

Happy #$%@# May!

North, man, do you have any other weather where you are??? :09:

Nonsensical 05-03-2013 04:42 AM

OK,up at at'em Non! I've been working a side project on my computer all morning, but it's time to eat bacon and then build a railing. Little kids coming over next weekend, and it won't do to have them tumble off my new deck. :react