Notices

Ye Olde Sober Weekend Thread 3-5 May

Old 05-03-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

The lines between Friday, Saturday, and Sunday seem a bit finer than during the week. When I was an active drinker and user there were no lines between days.

Now, sober, I cherish the morning just before dawn. When i actually have slept.

Wake slowly with a cat at my feet and a tea. With no sign of half full bottles.

Gather my thoughts for the day instead of trying just to have any thoughts at all.

I will have my moments this weekend where the beast will ask again to be saved. And it will fall on deaf ears. Can't save both of us.... Just one of us.

Going to plant this weekend. Take a good long walk in new york city along the west side. Love that walk.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm in too! Counseling appointment lined up for after a busy work day today. Steaks on the grill and watching the Stanley Cup (Go Habs!) tonight. I'm hoping to go to a craft/antique show with my Mom on Saturday and perhaps buying some flowers to start planting and brightening up my sad looking patio. Not sure what else yet but at least (for once) we don't have snow/cold and warm weather here in this stretch of the North.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober starting May 19, 2013

That was inspiring prose! I gotta come back and read it again, when The Urge really clobbers me later today.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

This is going to be a fantastic weekend up here in the Great Northwest! Seattle will have temperatures around 80° F, while up here in the Islands we might get up to 70° F. No wind and not a cloud in the sky!

Weasel, I'm going out for a walk too, but' I'll probably see more deer than people...

Happy sober Friday to all!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
TTB

Happy Friday all!!! I'm In!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

70 f driving home this afternoon , windows down on my ancient mercedes , hearing the faint waft of the V8 as it whispers along ... quiter than any of the other vehicles on the road (spooky!)
Truely a beutiful day ,
Go ahead and treat yourselves and your bodies well this weekend , you deserve to be sober

M
Old 05-03-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
This is going to be a fantastic weekend up here in the Great Northwest! Seattle will have temperatures around 80° F, while up here in the Islands we might get up to 70° F. No wind and not a cloud in the sky!
My weekend:

Old 05-03-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm in!!! I've got 7 weekends under my belt now!! Ain't going back!! Stay strong brothers and sisters!! Happy weekend!!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes I am in too. When I was walking away from work tonight, there were people spilling out on every street corner with drinks in their hands. As someone else mentioned, it's a long holiday weekend here - normally an excuse to hit the bottle. But instead, I made it to a meeting at six this evening and i have another one arranged for the same time on Saturday. A similar combination got me through last weekend sober and I really enjoyed it. It would be great to get two sober weekends in a row. I'll aim to log back in the morning and if I can, I'll log in on Saturday evening after I go to tomorrow's meeting.

I am going to wake up without a hangover and I am going to get a lot of things done. Thanks, friends, for helping me through this one.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My demon AV is really pushing me to "just go get a bottle of wine" right now. I have literally started going to the grocery store twice today, but stopped myself because I know I would have come back with 4 bottles that'd be gone by tomorrow.

Ugh - so frustrating! It's probably not helping that I've also cut out most sugar and "bad carbs" these last few days, so I'm sure that's where a lot of this intense craving is coming from.

I'm loading up on water and watching TV. Need to make it through tonight. Ugh. Sometimes I really disappoint myself that I don't have more control over my mind.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm with you guys this weekend - count me in. Long bank hol weekend here in Dublin too. What is it about long bank hol weekends, reason to celebrate/get drunk! uck. Glad to have you all to keep me strong, cos the craving thoughts have been around especially today. Best wishes to all
Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dave42001 View Post
I'm in!!! I've got 7 weekends under my belt now!! Ain't going back!! Stay strong brothers and sisters!! Happy weekend!!
Yes, this is my seventh weekend in a row as well. Congrats!

I was sooo tempted to drink tonight. I'll be 43 tomorrow, and it's the first nice weekend in Michigan. There is a wave of relief that comes over me when I can resist the temptation to binge on Friday nights like the 'days of old'.

It's going to be lonely, depressing summer; I'm heartbroken over a lost potential romance that is gone for good, and my sobriety is very tenuous right now. But I'll be sober for this weekend again. Happy sober weekend, everyone.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Yes, that is bacon on my cheesecake.

I think I peed a little.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cheesecake.JPG (85.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm in. I'm watching Ninja Turtles with my daughter right now, and plan on hanging around the house reading and playing with her for the next two days.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I made it through this horrible craving day! On to a sober day 4 tomorrow!! Night everyone - couldn't have done it without SR!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm in! Supposed to be a beautiful spring weekend & looking forward to being outside in the fresh air
Old 05-03-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Signing in on a Friday night! Sober weekend #2 and its going to be an awesome one! We're expecting hot weather (finally) in the PNW and I have signed myself up for an 8K run tomorrow and a 40 mile ride with a good friend on Sunday! I don't have time for you alcohol. Sorry!! I really hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 05-03-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Ugh! Day 3, well 4 now, and cannot sleep! I've quit before, but this is the first time insomnia hit me - I even tried some Benadryl so I could at least sleep a few hours, but even that didnt work!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Dave42001 keep on , I'm sure you're inspiring lots of people, when i got sober it was nice to hear from people with all different amounts of time 7 weeks is great

Endless , lulu , tammy it's great to see you .. I can see mon/tuesday morning just over there if we take it carefully i recon it's achieveable

I need to go up the post office and fit a washine machine today , life is all fun now i'm sober LoL ,
TBH i'd have never done any of that when i was drinking .. everything was too much hastle and a waste of my time ... Glad i'm not like that anymore .

Bestwishes, M
Old 05-04-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Non... non... non... bacon cheesecake?

Good day folks! Heading to go buy flowers and plants for the front porch. I live in big Victorian and the front porch is a wrap around. So each year I do it up nice. Also will do pots of peppers this year I think. Green, red and orange.

I made a list of everything I could think of to do around the house. Things that take a lot of energy and some that dont. This way during the tougher spots of the day... like from 11am to 11 pm... ...I can pick something and not default to there is nothing to do.

Remember to smile today!