Notices

got caught at work.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't know you, but I'll be thinking of you. Immediately after reading this, I was scared for you. That's quite the situation you have on your hands..
Old 05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Whatever happens, it is just a job. The most important thing is saving your life, which it seems you are intent on putting in jeopardy. This is a cry for help. Maybe it is time for inpatient?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I want to thank everyone for everything y'all have said. The kind words, the encouragement and the sobering truth. I got the call this afternoon and yes, i got (pardon the pun)...canned! Well, i'm sitting here at my AA meeting waiting for the breakout group to start. I can't think or feel my way out of this mess i've created. My husband knows and he is sad but supportive. He always is and that breaks my heart. I am an alcoholic. I am an addict. I am sneaky but i can't sneak my way into a fulfilling life. I am capable of heard work and i've done it before. I just lost my will to quit fighting. Silly, no? It will be so much simpler when i give up again. I'm tired of fighting. I have a decision to make. Sobriety or death. I won't choose death anymore. I'll be around here more again. I was better when i was among y'all. Thanks for everything again, everyone. I need all of you.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

DG - Never give up on yourself. We are here to listen, understand, and help. Glad you told what happened and reached out - we care.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome back DG - it inspires me to see so many come back and fight for their lives.

You can do this...we are all here when you need us. Lord knows without this place and the occasional AA meeting I'd be a drunken mess. Thanks to those two things, I am living a sober life for 8 months tomorrow!!!! It is a miracle and a blessing and I know my struggle is not over, neither is yours, but we are still fighting and that is all we can do, one day at a time!

Good to see you 'round here again
Old 05-02-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad to read your last post, meaning that you went to a meeting & had to admit you wrongs. Saddened that you had to go through this. You are in my Prayers honestly.
Please Keep this place as a part of your Sober Support Team!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

[/QUOTE]

I want to thank everyone for everything y'all have said. The kind words, the encouragement and the sobering truth. I got the call this afternoon and yes, i got (pardon the pun)...canned! Well, i'm sitting here at my AA meeting waiting for the breakout group to start. I can't think or feel my way out of this mess i've created. My husband knows and he is sad but supportive. He always is and that breaks my heart. I am an alcoholic. I am an addict. I am sneaky but i can't sneak my way into a fulfilling life.

Sobriety Date: February 28, 2013

.[/QUOTE]

Did you have to pick up a white chip? That's always tough but you will get those days back in no time.

Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others ... Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth and just move forward.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

What a rough day DG. I know all to well what this is like. We are here for you, and it is good to see you back. Life will turn around for you and, it will get better. Its good to see that you went to a meeting, and you are moving towards a brighter future with each step that you take. Please keep posting.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Sorry that happened, but remember God allows everything for a reason.... so your getting caught was part of his plan for your life. I was so glad to hear your desire to give up and surrender, The jux of the steps are we can't but GOD can! Hang in there and thank you for your share!!

Lily
Old 05-03-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Someday you will be able to tell that story to a newcomer who thinks they're the only one in the world to have ever done something like that. It will make them feel they have a chance. Stay sober and you can actually turn that story into something positive for someone else. It's an amazing feeling. Stick around.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Prayin for ya.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

We need you here too Grits!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

DG, I'm glad you are planning to be around SR now.

And, I believe that everything happens for a reason.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You'll never find a top until you find your bottom. I think you've pretty much hit bottom so now it's time to look up and reach for the top one day at a time.
With that said, it's just a job. You could do far worse. In fact, just because you got caught and fired for it is doesn't mean that if you didn't get caught and didn't get fired for it that you should feel any better about doing that kind of stuff at work. The result of your actions is not really what you should focus on, it's the actions themselves.

I've driven drunk so many times without getting DUI etc. I've done some unthinkable things that I would really be embarrassed to admit but didn't get caught or told others about.

I feel bad for you but that doesn't mean there is no hope.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are finding support! Don't give up....you are worth it!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
huh?

The term "canned air" makes it seem harmless. How about difluoroethane, trifluoroethane, or tetrafluoroethane?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Huh? I never really knew of this one before...
Old 05-03-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

good luck.

All goes as it NEED to go.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Prayers for you to gain strength through this. God Bless
Old 05-03-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

DG... I am so glad you are back. I have really loved reading your posts in the past. Don't worry you aren't the only one this has happened to... I got walked off after my second bottle of wine in one day. Thank god that isn't me anymore!