SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   back to.day one (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/293275-back-day-one.html)

Fitness1234 05-01-2013 07:54 AM

back to.day one

Thought I could.moderate . I.thought wrong. I'm in a bad place
I.know.I.just need 24 hrs of no.alcohol and I'll be OK. The 24 hr's is the bad part
Missing work again BC I.kno.I.can't drive. I.just need some supportive words..

Mvngon 05-01-2013 07:59 AM

You can do it Fitness! Welcome back, I'm very happy to see you again.

Try to take it easy today, and drink lots of water if you can.

I'm rooting for you! Today is your day. ;)

MidnightBlue 05-01-2013 08:00 AM

Hi, Fitness.

You've done this 24 hours before, so you can do it now.

Drink a lot of pure water, sleep as much as you can, and tomorrow will be a better day.

Just focus on today. It's first day of a new month - great day to restart sobriety.

Best luck to you. Keep posting.

Soberween 05-01-2013 08:02 AM

Don't be too hard on yourself. We've all been at day 1 before. Day 1 is really rough mentally. You have day 2 to look forward to as I think the depression lifts a little bit more. I would pamper myself as much as you can. I'm not sure if you have an appetite, but at least try to load yourself with fluids. It will help to make the dehydration diminish and I think that what makes you feel so physically ill. Good luck and we are here for you.

Fitness1234 05-01-2013 08:14 AM

Thank.you...I finally told my girlfriend wats going on...not sure if she understand
She says she does and is not mad
...I can't believe that
I couldn't sleep.so had some vodka to.help from.where my gf was hiding
But I told her so hopefully it will all b out of the house..looked for a meeting.there one at 630 and 8..I think I will go to both...Im not going into work which.is probably a good decision. I will try and get some sleep

Pamel 05-01-2013 08:15 AM

Fitness, I am very happy to see you back; take it one minute at a time if need be. I know how hard the first 24 hours is-I have gutted it out too many times, but it CAN be the first step on a Sober journey. Remember you only have to not drink today. Say to yourself: "I'll drink tomorrow".

Weasel1966 05-01-2013 08:16 AM

Fitness.... Hang in there. I have been there many times.

We are here for you!

Sinderos 05-01-2013 08:17 AM

If vodka were in my house or my bf's house I would definitely drink it. If you can pour it out!!! I'm beginning day 2 so I know how hard it is. Hang in there. You can do this!

Fitness1234 05-01-2013 08:20 AM

It has such a power if me...
The only thing that hurts me is the one thing that takes that hurt away
But I need to end the cycle.
Hopefully I can sleep.it off and feel a little better later

Fitness1234 05-01-2013 08:22 AM

I think this is the worst I ever felt
...I really hope it passes but I know that takes a lot of time

Erene 05-01-2013 08:27 AM

Hi Fitness....I am fairly new here, but I can definitely relate to the thinking " I can moderate!". Unfortunately, like myself there is no such thing as "moderation" for us, only complete abstinence. Take it easy and keep coming here for support'

Erene

Delilah1 05-01-2013 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Fitness1234 (Post 3945226)
I think this is the worst I ever felt
...I really hope it passes but I know that takes a lot of time

I am in the same boat, but I am at work. Feeling very disappointed that I allowed myself to get back into that cycle. I planned on trying to go to a meeting before work, but couldn't manage it with kids schedules, so I am going to try to get to one tonight. Why don't you join the May group with me.

We can't change yesterday, but we can make good choices starting this minute. Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

joygirl 05-01-2013 08:42 AM

And you came to the right place! We are here for you!

wehav2day 05-01-2013 08:45 AM

Fitness you can do this buddy!! Go to those meetings get some sleep. Drink lots of water. Save these posts and look at them next time that pesky moderation thought hits you.

Get through today you can do it!

Nonsensical 05-01-2013 08:59 AM

Hang in there, Buddy. We've all been there. It sucks, but it's survivable.

Feel better soon.

Odelle 05-01-2013 09:15 AM

Fitness, you’ve gotten some great advice on getting through the withdrawals, just take it easy, stay hydrated and focus on you right now. Once you are feeling better, reevaluate your plan on maintaining sobriety and take advantage of the many face-to-face support group meetings for encouragement of others who completely understand the psychological malice that follows a relapse. Know that you are not alone and you have your SR buddies in your corner rooting for you!

soberclover 05-01-2013 09:55 AM

I hope you have been able to sleep. Sleep can make so much better! Do try to not drink. The sooner that you can begin the process sober the better you will be. You have done this before and you can do it again! You had to learn on your own that you cannot moderate. Lesson now learned. Now move on. I'm so proud of you for reaching out!

least 05-01-2013 09:59 AM

Make this your last day one. You can do this! :)

terribob 05-01-2013 10:01 AM

You can do it! Just don't start drinking and you won't have to stop. Pretty simple right?

Let this thread be a lesson on moderation.

Starbaby928 05-01-2013 03:18 PM

Fitness!!! Just piling on here... I KNOW you can do this sister! :You_Rock_