SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I want to stay sober! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/293243-i-want-stay-sober.html)

Kasiaa 04-30-2013 08:47 PM

I want to stay sober!

Hi everyone.My name is Kasia,Im 32 and have a problem with drinking since I was a teenager.The past two years were more than too much...My drinking is totally out of control and Im out of control when Im drunk.It costs me problems at work and with my family.Im stuck with my life,cant accomplish anything...My current situation doesnt help with being sober.I work at gogo club as a dancer and its the only way I can pay all my bills,etc right now.But I really,really want to stop.I know I can do it,just need some support.

Pedro1234 04-30-2013 08:52 PM

I guess it would be hard to give up when surrounded by drinkers. The mind is a powerful tool and if you make your mind up and also seek support i am sure you can accomplish anything you want to. You have made the first step and there is loads of support here. Good luck and keep posting your progress :)

Mizzuno 04-30-2013 08:54 PM

You will get support here. Welcome to SR. We have some amazing people here.

StevenT 04-30-2013 08:58 PM

I can't say that I have any experience with your situation, which is what I try to rely on when talking to someone. I just wanted to post to say that I do know what it's like to be sick and tired of being sick and tired, and there is a way out. Others have done it! Keep your head up and keep chugging along, the right person will appear in your path as long as you keep an open mind and have some willingness to try something that another did to keep them sober and moving down the right path :D I'd read through some of the postings on here, there are some remarkable stories about people climbing up out of the pit.

Stories of Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Who knows, you might find someone who has your story and has found a way to put the bottle down and find a more rewarding and happier life :D

Hope this helps

Delilah1 04-30-2013 10:42 PM

Welcome! I just joined the May class, why don't you join me. :)

nogard 04-30-2013 11:09 PM

Hi KAssia, I want you to stay sober too :) welcome

Kasiaa 05-01-2013 12:26 AM

Thank y'all for welcoming me :)

least 05-01-2013 02:35 AM

:welcome I'm sure you'll find a lot of support here.:)

Living 05-01-2013 04:13 AM

You can do it! Willpower and the feeling of being sober will make it a lot easier each day.

neferkamichael 05-01-2013 04:21 AM

Kasiaa, :welcome. Try asking for support from your boss and coworkers, and even though you are surrounded by people who are drinking you can quit. Rootin for ya. :egypt:

visch1 05-01-2013 04:52 AM

Welcome. Getting sober to me was more important than all the reasons my head told me about the lies I fed it the following afternoon. I attended AA for 2 years before getting sick and tired and finally got help to put the plug in the jug. Heard things I couldn't face up to and after many years I'm not liking some I hear today. It was a gradual process of keep coming and healthy thoughts/feelings took ahold.

Nonsensical 05-01-2013 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kasiaa (Post 3944782)
Thank y'all for welcoming me :)

You must be from southern New jersey. ;)

Welcome to SR. You can do this!

Anna 05-01-2013 05:40 AM

Welcome!

Kasiaa 05-01-2013 12:21 PM

Yes Neferkamichael I already talked to her about it and she said she will help me.I know that from today they won't tolerate my drinking at work.Nonsensical I'm from North Jersey ;) Just posted from my phone and autocorrect did it ;) Plus English is my second language so I use whatever I've learned ( any region) " yinz" is my fav :)

Hevyn 05-01-2013 01:38 PM

Hi Kasiaa! :) We are so glad you're with us. After joining SR I was able to quit after drinking all my life. The support and great suggestions really made all the difference, and it was so good to know I wasn't alone anymore.

Change4good 05-01-2013 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kasiaa (Post 3945540)
Yes Neferkamichael I already talked to her about it and she said she will help me.I know that from today they won't tolerate my drinking at work.Nonsensical I'm from North Jersey ;) Just posted from my phone and autocorrect did it ;) Plus English is my second language so I use whatever I've learned ( any region) " yinz" is my fav :)

Glad to have you with us. Don't worry about typos and use whatever phrases work for you. We can figure it out.

Welcome, and looking forward to hearing more from you.

:welcome

Kasiaa 05-02-2013 03:41 PM

Didnt feel like go to work tonight.Did some errands with my friend and discover we don't have to go to the bar to have a good time/nice chat,Mint chocolate cookies iced coffee is delicious :)Now I just want to cook something good,workout and catch up on my shows.

Kasiaa 05-04-2013 12:48 PM

Did work last night and Im still cool :) I decided not to go to work tonight but will go to my first AA meeting.

Sasha4 05-04-2013 01:03 PM

Good luck at your AA meeting, I hope it goes well and you get useful information from it. Maybe make some friends too!

Your right about not having to go to bars or drink to have fun.
I have often wracked my brains trying to think of a time when I had a really good night and drink was involved and I have none.
I black out really easily and most nights where drink was involved meant everything went down hill fast.

The best times I have now are sober without a doubt. And I have had 441 of them since I stopped. I remember the things we laughed at, the food we ate, the conversation much better and the next morning I have no guilt, paranoia or shame.

Keep coming and posting. Its great having you here with us.

xx

Kasiaa 05-04-2013 08:12 PM

Meeting was great,I really like it :) Im happy I finally went there.Feel a lot stronger right now.