Notices

Pity Pot

Old 04-30-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pity Pot

When my $ wasn't deposited in my acct today, my thoughts immediately backed up 2 yrs to an attitude of "you" ****** me over again and everyone is going to pay for it! Well I had $39 and said to myself I don't even have enough for $40 piece! WTF? I don't like where my thoughts were so I kept in mine the negative remember when's and went to a CA mtg. So far so good How does God take my character defects? What do I have to do to assure me this?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's good you went to a meeting. As for defects and god? I think that we all grow and learn. We are not defected. You had money in the bank and that's more than a lot of people have. All will be well.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Feel blessed you have $40 and be thankful that you went to a meeting instead of drinking it away. We all have bad days, but we make them better with being sober. Have a wonderful day today - you have that choice!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Welcome Sharon to SR! You will find lots of advice here and learn much that can answer those questions you have.

Good choice on the meeting. Being a dollar short you could have asked for the extra buck but instead you got your but up and went to a meeting. That's the effort you will need to make it. Good for you!

Defects huh? I have a list of mine in my head. I bump into them when I wish I did not. But for me, accepting them and learning about them was the biggest help. I know my limits. I cannot drink. That's an absolut limit. So as a defect of not being able to drink I do what?

I don't go to bars. I don't hang with people that do. I don't risk certain places or events.

That goes for my crack use. I did the same as with my drinking.

Anyway... Glad you are here. Post a lot. Share your story. People want to hear and help.

K
Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I read once that if you have a bank account with a positive balance you're in the top 8% of wealthiest people in the world.

As for when the lightning bolt comes to take away your addiction - I'm still waiting on mine, too. In the interim I think I'll tell my beast "no" and get on with my life.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Work those steps! That is where the new relief and freedom come.

You can stay stopped!