Notices

Class of May 2013

Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by realdealKA View Post
I broke and used. I feel like I'm going to go crazy chasing a high, getting high, trying to leave it alone. I don't want to hit rock bottom. I want to smarten up and start my changing day one of sobriety A.S.A.P....
It's totally understandable to get desperate or anxious and go for some comfort. Try to hang in there, though, once you can bypass a few cravings you'll see a) that's possible for you, and b) your tolerance for discomfort will go up. Early on, it's hard, like trying to lift too heavy at the gym.

It's not about smart. You are in a tight spot. I'm going to go back and read the urge surfing bit, because that totally applies to me on day 2, I'm sure! We can do this.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm 3 days sober today..I was on the April thread also, but I slipped up many times, I need to take this serious and I haven't made it to 3 days in a while. I'm staying busy, reading, cleaning, playing with my kids, the most trouble is at night when I would have wine, but I'm fighting the urges. I plan on going to an AA meeting this week. Hubby works a lot and I have 3 kids so hopefully sometime in the evening will work. Good luck to everyone. I too know the struggle.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

It's 415pm and although I have spent the afternoon doing things with the kids, I have a terrible headache and urge. Hope I get through it.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

You definitely can MyLi - and you won't regret it tomorrow

Sometimes it's minute by minute - but everytime you beat this, it gets a little easier

Check out the Urge Surfing link I posted earlier too
D
Old 05-07-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

It's 508 and my husband who knows I am doing this and has criticised my drinking is sitting on our deck with neighbour having a BEER. Just at the time I would normally have a drink. Am I being selfish in thinking on day two he could desist?? The only positive is that I didn't sit down I went upstairs and sent him a text asking him to take beer away. I know I can't avoid alcohol but surely I can on day two in my own house. Each breath is a step
Old 05-07-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Administrator

it's hard for sure - but you can do this, no matter who else is drinking.
Try to focus on why you're quitting

D
Old 05-07-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hey all, just found SR, and it's good to share with people who know the struggle.

Today is my first day of committing to sobriety. This is not going to be easy at all, I've battled this demon for 10 years now. Enough is enough.

Let's stay strong together.x
Old 05-07-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Off to bed..day two done and dusted!!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Well done myli!! You did it!!
Today has been pretty good so far! Day 3. Heading into late afternoon though and I know kids will be tired tonite, so goin to have a coffee at about 5 ish. I'm picking up a bench at 8 pm that I bought and deliberately made it this time so I can't drink as I need to drive to collect
I will not drink today xx stay strong everyone!! Xxx
Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Hello I will also join the class of May. I will do this.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

This is day 1 again for me. I'm going to blame my husbands 40th birthday party that I am trying to get ready for, plus job, kids, house, etc. I'm making this three layer fondant covered cake with an 80's theme. To get rid of the powdered sugar marks, I have to paint everything with vodka. The Stay Puft marshmallow man was easy, but the Ghostbusters logo through me over the edge. I started to just innocently lick the brush, then I remembered I like vodka. Hello darkness, my old friend. I'm hungover and feel like total crap. When I woke up this morning, it was a huge reminder to me why I want to stop drinking.
I am finding that about a week of staying sober causes me to forget my reasons for quitting or something. I know that feeling of dealing with that urge to drink, and the crankiness and tiredness that can happen. But I would rather deal with that than deal with my stupid hangover and forget part of last night. Stay strong everyone!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Bea I do the same thing. A week I can do, it's going past it that's the hard mile. But it can be done.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Beavis, you are the cakemeister! It sounds amazing. For what it's worth, I'm day 1 again with no birthday party to blame. Just couldn't sit with myself. But trying again...
Old 05-07-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Just checking in to my May Class.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have 7 days officially under my belt, and feel pretty good. Had the "talk" with my husband last night (after the initial confrontation last Monday night). It was good, and he is so supportive and wonderful, but I feel like he is looking for a reason "why" I drank so much so he can fix it. It's so hard finding a way to explain that I really don't have a reason why....my drinking defied logic.

I don't know why I drank in the morning, and then again on my lunch hour, and then again at night...made no sense to me, yet I still did it every day.

I have been reading a lot, and plan to go to a meeting this week. I am so glad to have this support system here at SR so I can talk about it with people who truly understand the struggle.

Thanks to you all!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I'm checking in as well. I admire people who can bake and decorate a cake. Every year I bake a cocuonut cake for my husband's birthday. When I ice it the disaster begins. I let the cake cool and try not to let the spatula or knife touch the cake but it always taste better than how it looks. I'm on day 7 and had court today. I'm glad I hired a lawyer because the judge wanted to put me in jail for 7 days. My lawyer asked that my court date be continued. If you have not hit rock bottom, my advice is not to go there. I have never had so much legal trouble. I'm 43 and my alcoholism and drug addiction has finally caused me to have to face harsh reality. I am praying I do not have to go to jail but I probably will.
I, too, have snuck beer or wine in the Am, at lunch and in the evening I would lie to my husband and say"yes, honey, this is the first one." I started by 24 packs of beer ( did they just start making that size) so my husband would have a harder time figuring how much I had to drink. I do not have a desire to do any drugs or alcohol so far today. I am thanking my lucky stars I am not sitting in jail right now. Than you everyone for sharing. This site has helped me a great deal. I have lied so much to my husband I can only start taking action by being totally honest with him. I do not want to hear the yelling, but I need to make choices that will be good for us both and there will be no yelling. When I quit drinking we get along so well. I will send all of you in the May class + vibes!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Beavis, Intelcentrino and All,

I made the same comment yesterday about forgetting. In the past 3 years, I've gone 84 days, 63 day, 30 days, 7 days, 5 days and feel great and forget. Then I'll can go 30 days in a row consuming.

Dee made a good point yesterday that if I come here everyday, which is easily feasable, it will be a great reminder both from my previous posts to everyone else's posts. I need to come here everyday (sober) even if it just to say hi. So, that is what I plan to do. And here I am on day 2. After the weekend I had, I feel like I've been sober for 2 weeks....I shall set my goal to visiting 365 (I have to raise the bar) in row (sober).......As Sean27 says "Stay Strong Together"
Old 05-07-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Good Morning guys. I'd like to join the May class and am coming here with my tail between my legs. I've been in just about every monthly class for the past 8 months and always go back to drinking after a bit of sober time. And it always goes right back to bad really quick. I deserve better. My wife and son deserve better from me. I am really sick and need to fully accept that.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, it's 5.30pm and I'm hitting a tricky time of day, I'm keeping busy but really don't mind saying I really want a glass of white
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RiverFriend View Post
Good Morning guys. I'd like to join the May class and am coming here with my tail between my legs. I've been in just about every monthly class for the past 8 months and always go back to drinking after a bit of sober time. And it always goes right back to bad really quick. I deserve better. My wife and son deserve better from me. I am really sick and need to fully accept that.
Join as many classes as you need to if it's going to help your sobriety. Welcome, and good luck!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
TTB

Heading out on a business trip. Demons are working hard against me. Screw them! I will be back on later towards bewitching hour!