Notices

So lost...

Old 04-30-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So lost...

Hi...

I have been trying to quit so many times. I do very well for days, weeks, until something happens...Something goes wrong at work or have an argument with somebody. Every since I was 14 years old I have been dealing with the negative feelings by drinking them away...Now after 20 years it's hard to find another way to cope...
I don't have any control once I start. After two drinks it's shots after shots after shots...Next morning I wake up and I need to take a drink because my withdrawals are so bad...It is very hard to stop. I went to AA once but it was way too emotional to me. I feel like I need to get myself together before I'm able to go there..
I found this site today and I'm very happy that there is a place where I feel like I'm not alone. All my friends drink but they don't see anything wrong with it...I have found myself in hotel rooms few times, jail once and I know that this is all getting worse. I really need to do stop being stupid but after failing so many times it's hard to believe in myself anymore...
I don't want to be so negative but I'm in a very dark place now and I'm thankful that there is support like this site.
I wish everybody strenght, there is a way to beat this
Old 04-30-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New beginnings are the best!

Hey there! There is a way to beat this, as I'm learning every day. I hope and pray all the best for you in this journey to sobriety. :-)
Old 04-30-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Have you tried AA?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome.
You're not being negative, alcohol is doing negative things to you.
I know where you're coming from, after that first drink, I had no control over the amount I would consume. This went on for twenty years.
Now, I think of that first drink and where it'll lead me. Jail, an institution or death.

You've been to AA. Why not try it again? There are many types of meeetings and people and they're all there for the same reason.

I hope you don't reach the low that I did. I hit bottom many times, but bounced back to drinking. It took help from my higher power to finally stop.

Whatever you choose I wish you the best. Come here and read and post as often as you like. You'll find different ways we got sober and learn and be reminded of the misery of it all by those in your plight.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah, I went to AA once. I will try it again. Thank you all.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi

It's tough breaking the vicious circle - I drank when I was down,when I was happy, when I was tired - the list is endless

You just need to break the circle - don't drink today and see how you feel tomorrow

Day at a time.. Good luck! :-)
Old 04-30-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Sassu. If your friends don't understand your drinking problem, don't worry about it. You know that you have a problem and that's what matters. And, alcoholism is a progressive disease and it will get worse unless you stop. We are here to help.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think that's one of my biggest issues; I moved here 8 years ago and met everybody in bars...

They are very understanding of me wanting to stop, which it good. BUT everytime I quit I never see them since I don't want to hang out in bars sober.

My roommate goes out drinking every day and invites people to our place to drink so I'm actually moving out. I can't be surrounded with all that.

I'm very excited about the new apartment though and I know it'll be easier for me to stay sober after I get my own place.

Thank you everybody for being so nice. Feels good to talk to somebody who understands what I'm going through. I appreciate you