Notices

worried about today

Old 04-30-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

worried about today

I have to face a hard meeting that involves the one 'friend' who knows about my alcoholism. I'm really nervous and I'm worried how it will affect me.really praying to keep my emotions in check.wish me luck.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Best of luck nurse. Is it a work related meeting or personal in nature? Regardless, unless the subject is specifically about your alcoholism, it's really not even relevant. You know what you are doing is the right thing, and that' all that matters.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It started as a minor work issue ( her not me ) and hS escalated by her saying nasty things to a couple of us. Crazy how its happened. I know it shouldn't b an issue but turns out she can b really petty.just hoping I can b strong that's all.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by animalnurse9 View Post
It started as a minor work issue ( her not me ) and hS escalated by her saying nasty things to a couple of us. Crazy how its happened. I know it shouldn't b an issue but turns out she can b really petty.just hoping I can b strong that's all.
Take the high road and be strong. Stooping to her level won't help anything. Do your job and you have nothing to worry about.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It was so nasty, it was an issue between her and another girl, and she turned on me and said in front of my boss and another girl, I've decided I don't want to b friends with any1 outside of work, so I'm only friends with *insert my name here* so we can't b friends.wow, boot to the stomach.feel like crap.ouch.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by animalnurse9 View Post
It was so nasty, it was an issue between her and another girl, and she turned on me and said in front of my boss and another girl, I've decided I don't want to b friends with any1 outside of work, so I'm only friends with *insert my name here* so we can't b friends.wow, boot to the stomach.feel like crap.ouch.
Look at the bright side, everyone knows now so you can effectively just completely ignore her. People like that aren't even worth the energy to think about.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well she is missing out on a good person (you).
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I really can't believe how nasty things can get. But I'm home and didn't stop at the liquor store, so I guess I win �� I know she will b waiting for me to slip up,so all the more reason to get better.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done staying strong!
I know I have a couple people Unfortunately that are still in my life, that are just waiting for me to fail. Its sad, but all we can do is Pray for them & the situation.
Be proud of yourself that you are Sober!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks sunshine, I am proud of myself.its not easy by any means, not at all �� but nothing is lately, so oh well lol
Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Positive thoughts heading your way. Do not let her negatively affect you or your job. She is one small person in the world and you do not need to let her impact your good goals and intentions.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Its a good thing that when we work it is not about making friends. We are there to get a job done. We might have wonderful friendships that transpire along the way, but in reality its about the job that we were hired for. I feel a little sorry for this girl that has a very immature view....."I am friends with so and so, I can not be friends with you" What in the world is that about? Stay strong and keep your head up. Take the high road and know that this girl does not deserve your friendship. Im your cheerleader on the sidelines!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that this happened to you and glad you got through it. I don't think it's a good idea to let co-workers cross into your 'friend' circle anyways, so maybe it's a good thing.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

>> But I'm home and didn't stop at the liquor store

Wonderful!! This gives me strength.

Hold your head high. Smile at those who choose to be mean. At least that's what I'm trying to do. Some days have been awful and in the past I'd kill my emotions with drugs and alcohol. Now I'm staring at them square in the eye. At least my emotions are mine and they're honest.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good luck, animalnurse! Workplaces can be full of drama! The least said, the better. In meetings like that, I just sit quietly and answer directly and keep it short and sweet. Keep your composure and let her behavior speak for itself.
Way to go, driving past liquor store! Stellar move!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm just heading to work again now and was feeling a bit tense, but reading ur replies makes it so much better! Thanks so much , u guys are awesome x
Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Please let us know how it works out for you.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good luck girl, sorry to hear your still having problems with this b**ch at work. Remember to just smile sweetly and rise above it. My sister had terrible trouble with a woman at work and had to go on antidepressants. Her Dr said to her that although its tough you catch more flies with honey than vinegar!! Its the old typical playground bully thing. If you fight back too vehemently u'l look aggressive, if you break down she'll pick on you all the more. Just smile sweetly, be polite and well in earshot of everyone else make comments like 'its really not professional or appropriate to discuss that here' or 'is that related to our work' don't let her get you down hun, its her problem. Be Strong. xx
Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks so much she did make me feel like crap,but then I suddenly realized I don't really want someone so awful in my life! In the meeting my bosses said they were impressed with my maturity and I'd done nothing wrong.she got a warning and was shamefaced. So it actually worked out, I'm so amazed! Thanku guys so much for ur help and support btw this is day 14!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
~sb

no one makes me feel anything without my permission.

keep staying stopped!!! You can do this!