SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/293172-new.html)

Sinderos 04-30-2013 11:09 AM

New

I'm a 38 year old female and am an alcoholic. Today is day 1 for me. I'm going to try really hard this time. My drink of choice is vodka. Easily drink a pint a night. I work during the day but on the weekends I drink pretty much the whole time. I will make myself get out and about on saturdays just to keep from starting too early. I realize I have a problem and thankfully my boyfriend told me he would stop drinking with me. He's an alcoholic too and has been drinking many years longer than I have so we'll see how that goes. I joined a gym today and have decided to use outdoor activities and the gym to help me get on the right path. This is definitely going to be a hard journey initially but well worth it!!! I'm glad I found this site. It seems like it will be very helpful.

Delilah1 04-30-2013 11:22 AM

Welcome, it is wonderful that you have your boyfriend to support you. This is a fabulous site, I am starting again today. So I will join you on day one.

ScottFromWI 04-30-2013 11:25 AM

Welcome Sinderos. I was in about the same situation as you before quitting, except I drank beer instead of vodka. Pretty much from the time i got home from work until bed and then most of the day on weekends. It's rough for the first bit, but well worth it down the road, you are making a great decision. Glad to hear your BF is up to the challenge as well. Keep in touch with us here at SR and read lots. If you haven't already you may want to visit your doctor too just to make sure everythign is OK - if nothing else you get the peace of mind that all systems are go!

rainyengland 04-30-2013 01:15 PM

Welcome - you picked a great place to start your journey :)

Everyone is really supportive and we all know what your going through

Smile,scream,complain - just keep posting and your half way there!

Sinderos 04-30-2013 01:58 PM

A huge thank you to all of you for your support. I know tonight is going to be very hard. It's been 14 hours since my last drink. During the day through the week I'm ok, but at night it's a different story! I can do this!!!

Anna 04-30-2013 02:02 PM

Welcome!

I'm glad you decided to stop drinking, and starting an exercise program sounds like a good idea. I think that the recovery journey for me, is all about balance.

Impurrfect 04-30-2013 04:15 PM

Welcome to SR!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Hevyn 04-30-2013 05:08 PM

Hi Sinderos! What a great decision you have made. :) We're so glad to have you join us - this is a wonderful and supportive place.

least 04-30-2013 05:14 PM

:welcome to the family! You won't regret giving up drinking. I gave it up over three years ago and don't miss it one bit. You won't either.:)

YouRmySunshine 04-30-2013 11:19 PM

:c009:

So glad you started with saying you want a change & found this site!
Post & visit often. Much wisdom & love here

Firepool 04-30-2013 11:39 PM

Glad to see you made the decision, Sinderos. Day 1 is hard but not impossible, and it gets easier. Staying active certainly helps. I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear how it goes.