SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Struggling, but working on it. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/293171-struggling-but-working.html)

Delilah1 04-30-2013 10:43 AM

Struggling, but working on it.

Hello All,

Thanks to many of you who have sent me messages, they are very much appreciated. I am working on getting back to where I was from October-January, not there yet. Work and life have been hectic, so I need to carve out time for me to have healthy releases mentally and physically. Started today with a flat tire on my way to work. My husband had to come back and get the kids so they wouldn't be late for testing, and AAA was wonderful and got the new tire on quickly. Needless to say I will be going to get new tires after work, going to go for a walk while I wait.

I am going to keep working hard until I am back where I need to be. Hope all of you are doing well, I will try to check in daily again.

:thanks

ScottFromWI 04-30-2013 11:22 AM

Glad to hear you are doing well Delilah. It's so much easier to deal with those day to day hassles when you aren't worried about drinking and or/hung over. Stay with us and best of luck!

Delilah1 04-30-2013 11:42 AM

Not hung over, but have had a glass of wine most nights. Working on getting back to complete sobriety.

Jeni26 04-30-2013 11:58 AM

Great to see your post. I always enjoy reading what you have to share x

You can do this, I promise you won't regret taking a sober path x

Sazzle 04-30-2013 12:01 PM

Hi Delilah. I'm so happy to see you! Hang in there, I believe it will all fall into place for you sooner or later.

You have amazing strength and determination, but you already know that don't you lady?

S x

rainyengland 04-30-2013 01:12 PM

Hi

Welcome back - remember you from back then as we quit about the same time - I too had a relapse and only managed to sort myself out 3 weeks ago

Your so worth not been a slave again like me to wine - good luck ! :-)

Delilah1 04-30-2013 10:53 PM

Thanks rainyengland,maybe we can do this together this time. I have my alarm set to head to a meeting before work tomorrow. I am hoping this will set aositiventone for the day.

Thank you Sazzle, Jeni, and Scott, I appreciate your support. I CAN and WILL do this!!!!

Rainy, we are going to head into summer sober!

YouRmySunshine 04-30-2013 10:56 PM

Prayers!

Happier 04-30-2013 10:57 PM

Glad you are back. Never give up. I believe you can get back to where you were and even beyond.

MidnightBlue 04-30-2013 11:47 PM

Hi, Delilah.

Great that you are working on your sobriety and keep it as your goal.

You'll certainly hit this goal - just hold on, never give up and keep posting.

We are here for your support)

Best luck to you.

Delilah1 05-01-2013 09:06 AM

Thanks guys!! Hubby had to get in early, so I needed to get the kiddos off to school. I am getting my hair cut after work today and then going to try to find a meeting tonight, and possibly yoga, that always helps too. Hope all of you have a great day. :)