SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   3 weeks today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/293135-3-weeks-today.html)

rainyengland 04-29-2013 11:16 PM

3 weeks today

Yay - 3 weeks in :-)

To all those just starting it - if I can go this far then so can you!

I was drinking two bottles wine a night,more at weekend and occasional bottle of of hard spirits chucked in- for over 10 years!

The first week was incredibly hard I admit BUT it does get easier and life is so much better!..not waking up feeling really I'll,no sweats all day,no heart pumping and chest pains thinking is this the day it finally kills me..no more bad toilet habits (sorry),no more shouting at children and wife because feel so bad,no more sitting on couch on a beautiful day..I could go on and on!

I posted Friday that my wife when shopping and brought back two bottles of wine- well there still in the cupboard and I had actually forgot about them !

I don't know if it helps but my thought process is not of quitting and withdrawal now- its a choice and not feeding the devil inside me - starve the bugger to death!

Have a good day everyone :-)

Sasha4 04-29-2013 11:31 PM

Well done RD!

I know what its like to have those chest pains from drinking, its horrible.

For 43? days there have been none for me.
I would never go back now.

Nearly a month for you, keep going friend, you can do this

xx

MidnightBlue 04-30-2013 12:17 AM

Great job, Rainy!

It's just awesome that all the beautiful things in this world are not overshadowed by one (ok, more than one) bottle of wine any longer.

Keep it up!

Best wishes and sunny weather to you)

GracieLou 04-30-2013 02:13 AM

Congrats on three weeks!

Originally Posted by rainyengland (Post 3943213)
no more sitting on couch on a beautiful day..

I used to do the same thing. On a sunny warm day I wanted to close the curtains and wish it was dark outside. I wanted to just stay in my hole and hide.

Now I open the curtains (I really need to wash the windows..lol) and let the sun and the fresh air in.

I went outside last weekend and got all my planting pots together. I am going to try some vegetable container growing this year and I am SO excited to get started.

I got tired faster then I thought I would but that is okay. It was a productive and a relaxing weekend.

Keep up the good thoughts and have a great day!

neferkamichael 04-30-2013 02:17 AM

Rainyengland, 3 weeks today? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Before ya know it 3 months. :egypt:

animalnurse9 04-30-2013 02:21 AM

Rainy that is awesome �� congrats.its great that you feel so good! I'm day 11 and can't wait to get to where u are, everyday is a milestone. Celebrate with a cup of tea, my new fave drink ��

raja12 04-30-2013 03:33 AM

Congrats on your 3 weeks! happyface:

rainyengland 04-30-2013 04:59 AM

Thanks everyone ! :-)

joygirl 04-30-2013 07:19 AM

Congrats, rainy!
3 weeks is great! You sound great! Thanks for the uplifting post.

least 04-30-2013 08:38 AM

Congrats on your sober time. Keep on keepin' on. :)

rainyengland 04-30-2013 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by animalnurse9 (Post 3943297)
Rainy that is awesome �� congrats.its great that you feel so good! I'm day 11 and can't wait to get to where u are, everyday is a milestone. Celebrate with a cup of tea, my new fave drink ��

With you on the tea- kind of a passion - drank 3kg loose leaf Assam since I quit!