Notices

Hello!

Old 04-29-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello!

I am completely new to any kind of blog like this, and am very excited to see how it goes I know I have been struggling with a wine addiction for about the last five years now and am sick of how it makes me feel and affects my work and relationships. It doesn't help that I live at home at the moment with my Mom and her bf - both who are great (and also helping me save $ for my wedding!) but they are complete alcoholics that drink almost every day.

This makes me want to drink even more I'd say the longest I've ever gone without drinking was about 8 days - and that was because I was really sick with a sinus infection and I just wanted to feel normal a.s.a.p. But once I was feeling better, I really felt better all around! I am looking to be able to feel like that again, not crave having wine every night..or whenever I go out with friends, watch a movie with my fiance, etc.

So I suppose this is where I will make my start, and see how well I can manage. Better than trying to do it alone, right? Ttfn!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and well done for wanting to quit....135 days ago I was in your shoes...You'll find lots of support and advice here....And yes being here is certainly better than trying to do it yourself.....Steve..

Last edited by stevie88; 04-29-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-29-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck. I'm sure it's hard considering your living situation. Stick around.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Your absolutely right , it is better to get it out. Plenty of ears here on SR. Stick around. SR has been my lifeboat , grab an oar. God Bless
Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks! I'm really happy I came across this website and look forward to having the support needed to get to a better place. It is much appreciated!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi,Optimisticme!

Welcome here! It's much more easier (though not easy, but still) to fight off addiction when you are not alone. When I joined SR I was completely alone, feeling like I'm the only one in the whole Universe struggling with these issues. This place literally changed my life.

You'll find a lot of encouragement here.

Keep posting and best luck to you!