Notices

Exhaustion & anger

Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HML

Exhaustion & anger

In early recovery -- day 8 -- and woke up this morning feeling like I had been hit by a Mack truck! So very exhausted!!! I had crazy dreams -- like 3 or 4 -- and could hardly get out of bed. I'm about as I tired as when I was hungover but no guilt or feeling bad physically :-). The weekend went well but it was filled with lots of activity (I had a lot of energy), and a lot of food. Maybe I'm in a food coma. I feel like I could sleep all day. Ok, enough of that rant, but just wondering -- anyone else feel like that early on?

Also, is there an anger forum? I've got to do something to help with my anger issues. Can anyone relate to the expression, "little miss put-upon" which is a feeling when you just feel pissed at being taken for granted, under appreciated. But with alcohol (formerly) in the mix, people are also used to walking on egg shells, lest she explode.

Ok, a lot here I guess. No wonder I'm tired?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You must be my twin...day 8 here and I feel everything you just said.
Oh, and the anger too, especially when I'm driving.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
HML

Thank goodness I'm not alone.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
HML

Wrote that, and then felt like crying. Ok, feeling quite LOONEY. Also better stay away from people today. No collateral damage.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You need to breathe and relax. Go for a walk and get some delicious fresh air. You will feel better...I promise.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Maybe there should be an Anger forum.

There is a lot of anger is early sobriety. I was angry that I couldn't drink normally. Angry that I had to quit. And any little thing could set me off. Very dangerous. I realized my addiction was using rage to get me to drink...as a way to put out the fire of anger. It's a lie.

And while anger is a component of early recovery, it doesn't give us license to be angry at anyone. Don't let your anger spill over. Don't make those around you afraid to "poke the bear."

Find an outlet. Something physical is good.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Day 5 here... So relate. Feel foggy and a little anxiety ridden. I seem hyper sensitive to coffee. When I was drinking on the weekends, I would actually feel good Monday morning after coffee. Think I have a food coma thing going on as well. Going to try to eat clean/healthy and light this week and get in some exercise. Wishing you the best
Old 04-29-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
HML

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Maybe there should be an Anger forum.

There is a lot of anger is early sobriety. I was angry that I couldn't drink normally. Angry that I had to quit. And any little thing could set me off. Very dangerous. I realized my addiction was using rage to get me to drink...as a way to put out the fire of anger. It's a lie.

And while anger is a component of early recovery, it doesn't give us license to be angry at anyone. Don't let your anger spill over. Don't make those around you afraid to "poke the bear."

Find an outlet. Something physical is good.
"I realized my addition was using rage to get me to drink" -- This is ringing very true for me today. Thank you. I do NOT have the license to be angry at just anyone, and feel extremely guilty when I lash out. It's a terrible feeling.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me as well. Food. That is funny. I'm like an elephant in a buffet. I have been quite tired as well. I think our bodies are just trying to catch up. I actually feel less angry and agitated. Just hang in there.. I was busy all weekend. Maybe we're tired because we are trying to fill the space when we usually are snockered?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well said DB.