Notices

Brand New but not Sparkling Clean

Old 04-29-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brand New but not Sparkling Clean

Today will be the beginning of my first attempt to stay sober....
Old 04-29-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome to SR.

I remember my first attempt. And many of the ones after that. But it wasn't until I came to SR and realized (from reading other people's stories) that I was an alcoholic, that I really attempted to quit.

What I didn't have for all those failed attempts was a plan. I though quitting was a plan, but it's just the first step. I needed a plan to assure I stayed quit and could deal with the issues that drove me to seek alcohol.

Good luck.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You've got this!!!!!!!!!!! We are here for you. I am on day 39 of sobriety and trust me, it has taken a lot of day 1's all over again to be where I am at today. Just keep focused. It will be hard ... not going to ly... it will suck, hurt, feeling of anger will arise from no where. Just do not try to give in. You've got this. Congratualations!!!! Keep coming back for support. The first day is the worst, first week feels like hell and time feels as if it is going by soooo slow... Just take it one day at a time.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That was an instant reply and help. Thank You.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome FallenPrince! We're so glad you are here.

When I first came to SR I couldn't imagine my life without alcohol. The support and encouragement I found here were amazing. Knowing I wasn't alone took a huge burden from me. I hope you'll feel the same.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello FallenPrince, welcome to SR, you will get a lot of support here. My mother lived in Surprise, Sun Village to be exact. She was an alcoholic and raised two alcoholic sons. My mother and younger brother never recognized that they were alcoholics ("I just like to have a few drinks in the afternoon"), they both died young of alcohol-related diseases. I'm the lucky one. I acknowledged my alcohol dependence when I was in my 40's and have lived sober, except for a recent relapse, for over thirty years. I am now dealing with my relapse: it has been harder this time around but I am gaining on it. I have had many Day-1's in my journey, in my opinion it is what you do with the Day-2's and beyond that really matters.