Notices

remembering your bottom

Old 04-28-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living one day at a time

remembering your bottom

Hello everyone
Day 2 sober...but not my first time...I was in recovery for 19 yrs then went back..and I remember how then I was always reminded of my bottom...what got me to AA...then was totally different...and this disease is so cunning...when I relapsed I convinced myself I wasn't an alcoholic because I didn't lose everything like other pple had..but as my disease progressed I lost my apartment my kids and my self worth...
So then began the binge drinking...my disease told me if I just drank a few times a month I wouldn't be a alcoholic...wow this disease is baffeling huh...now 8 yrs later I had drank so much that when I woke up at 3 am I couldn't even move...my man has left me and I only have myself to look at in the mirror...I didn't like what I saw...I don't know who I am anymore...so I get dressed go to the sink and pour all the liquor down the drain...
I'm tired of being tired....and I never want to forget where my disease has brought me...there is help reach out you hand and embrace a new freedom...

Remember we only have today!!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This truly is an insidious disease. Without AA I wouldn't be sober. Welcome back