Notices

Isolating

Old 04-28-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Isolating

Hello...I'm sober 60 days and find myself in isolation. I hope this feeling of depression passes...not sure where my fears are stemming from...I do know that the world seems a scary place right about now.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living one day at a time

Keep posting keep reading...go for walks and read the BOOK!! This disease is very baffeling but remember don't drink!! And really that's the only requirement in AA everything else is suggested! Hang in there take it one day at a time...and remember this too shall pass!!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there! 60 days is AWESOME! I look forward to that day. Can you get out? See a movie? Go for a walk? Go for a drive and crank up the music? Cook yourself a special meal? This will pass...hang in there. PG
Old 04-28-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 60 days!

Do you have a family member or friend that you can call to visit?
Old 04-28-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jrmartin View Post
Hello...I'm sober 60 days and find myself in isolation. I hope this feeling of depression passes...not sure where my fears are stemming from...I do know that the world seems a scary place right about now.
That's not unusual I don't think jr, your feelings are a little raw right now. You are starting to feel things again.

What's the saying The Good thing is you will get your feelings back.
The bad thing is you will get your feelings back.

The fear of the unknown is scaring, trying to picture the rest of your life without alcohol and or drugs. But don't think about all that, just try to calm down, relax, you are exactly where you are supposed to be. Just take a deep breath. I isolated too and still do sometimes. but today I don't feel lonely when I am alone. I enjoy my own company and it will be like that for you to one day. Just stay in this 24 hours and know that feelings do pass. Would you like some recovery resources to read or listen to? Let me know.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Totally normal what you are feeling at 60 days.....I have 5 months and still isolate at times depending on how I'm feeling. Some may call it isolating; I call it making good decisions so that I do not drink. Keep reaching out for suggestions and thoughts!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cutie View Post
Keep posting keep reading...go for walks and read the BOOK!! This disease is very baffeling but remember don't drink!! And really that's the only requirement in AA everything else is suggested! Hang in there take it one day at a time...and remember this too shall pass!!
What makes you think he is an AA member?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 60 days!!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have experienced isolation on many levels. First as a drinker after I drove all my friends and family away - I hid in my apartment for a year and nearly drank myself to death. After treatment/rehab I found myself isolated again, this time because I could not hang out with anyone from my past life.

Things got better. I started small, believe it or not I bought a wall calendar and forced myself to write on it each day. I wrote where I went and what I did. Sometimes it was minor "went to Cafe X", and that was it. "Went to grocery store", etc, etc. I made sure I had at least one entry every day. I did this for two months straight. By the third month I stopped, because I had become too busy!

Action breeds activity. Motion builds momentum. Do small things, and what starts as a small snowflake will soon turn into a snowball and pretty soon you'll have an avalanche of things on your plate. And again, make sure to manage your own expectations, this will not happen overnight. Just start with small things (as I said it helped me to keep track on a wall calendar because I had to LOOK at this thing every day), and you might just have some luck improving your social life.

Best to you and congrats on your sober run so far. Things get better.