SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   scared and alone (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292950-scared-alone.html)

ac0918 04-28-2013 09:41 AM

scared and alone

I am addicted to oxycodone, it's ruining my life I can see that, I want to stop.... I have no more and am so scaredbof the eithdrawls if someone could help with advice, nothanks

Received 04-28-2013 09:50 AM

Hi ac. I see you've been here for a little bit and received some feedback from others who have an problem with this drug.

I don't know anything about cold turkey withdrawals from oxycodone but I would strongly suggest you speak to your doctor or go the emergency room for help in getting off the oxy.

Hopefully someone will come along shortly who has experience with this drug.

ac0918 04-28-2013 10:00 AM

Yeahs I tried a while ago, and came here, but I'm done I don't want to be this person anymore..I have to stop

Pamel 04-28-2013 10:14 AM

ac0918,

I have de-toxed myself twice from pain meds, and yes, it is 5 days of no fun, but you can do it. Depending on how much you have been using, and other drugs and/or alcohol you have consumed, withdrawals are not all that bad. Under a doctor's care is best, of course, but unlike benzos or alcohol the withdrawal is usually not life-threatening.

Keep posting, take a lot of hot showers, and I know it sounds impossible, but get some exercise if you can. Benedryl can help a bit with sleep, but I would be sure to have some good movies at hand in case you are up in the middle of the night.

It goes like this: you are probably experiencing withdrawal now, which will peak on day 3-4. After that you will feel a little better each day. There is a lot of sweating involved, plus chills so I slept under a comforter with a bath towel at hand to put under me. (The sweat makes the bed wet and then you get chilled). But if it is the middle of the night and you can sleep at all you will want to keep a towel handy.

Drink plenty of water!

You can do this. Withdrawal is overrated as a malady; really it is not worse than a bad flu. Do it this time and you will not have to do it again.

ac0918 04-28-2013 10:28 AM

Thank you pamel.....I'm suppose to work tomorrow... can I make it? Or should I call in, I'm not sure all what to expect... tired, shaky, anxious, plain icky inside, tummy aches chills sweating.... how much worse Will it get? O was take ing between 100 to 160mg a day then tookb25 one day, and 5 mg yesterday..... sweated alot last night, woke up very shaky and feeling sick

Pamel 04-28-2013 11:10 AM

Pretty par for the course, I would say. I have known people who gutted it out and went to work, but if you can take Monday-Tuesday off it will help. 3 for me was the worst, and 4, but 4 was bearable.

Keep posting and good for you for kicking this awful habit! I'll be there for you as much as I can (I prowl a lot at night). DO NOT TRY TO REFILL SCRIPT!! You will just have to do it all over again. Are you drinking lots of water? And all I could keep down in the way of food was crackers. Keep them at hand and nibble away. It will help pass the time and you do need something in your stomach.

Pamel 04-29-2013 01:39 AM

How are you doing?