Notices

vain question

Old 04-28-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

vain question

Hey, I know this is the least of my problems, but did anyone else have a major pimple breakout in their first while of sobriety?? I look like a pizza :| apart from that I had my 3 yr old niece to stay last night for the first time.im so blessed to have had her.she made me laugh in a way I haven't laughed in a long time and the only time I thought of a drink,was to b happy that I hadn't had one so I could keep her safe and happy. Today is the end of day 8 and I'm doing pretty good, lots of support from my mam had alot of family time this past week.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations. People do have reactions of various degrees. Remember our bodies have been stressed with a drug for probably a long time and is now acting out in rebellion. I suggest seeing a doctor for a good check up and hang in there. BE WELL
Old 04-28-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you! Yes I've been thinking of getting a check and some blood work done too, better safe than sorry.ive been drinking almost everyday for the past four yrs, but if I think about it I've been abusing alcohol for alot longer than that.i conveniently forgot about the time when I drank vodka everyday and didn't make it to work when I was about 19.living alone,not paying rent, not eating, doing crazy things.i don't know how at 31 I had managed to blank those yrs out!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your showing a good start as so many of us naturally found it very difficult to get honest with ourselves, myself included as I had many Ah Buts. I visited you beautiful country and there are many VG AA meetings there which helps me still after many years. BE WELL
Old 04-28-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No acne but I have had other issues. As much as a drank I thought I would have major physical withdrawal symptoms but instead I have symptoms of diabetes....

frequent urination, unusual thirst, unusual weight loss, fatigue, irritability and blurred vision. I also have no appetite at all. I eat once a day when I get jittery but that is the only sign I have to eat something. Food tastes good I just have no desire to eat.

I have been to the doctor and they took blood. They are testing for diabetes, thyroid and liver something.

I should know something on Monday.

I never had any of these symptoms until I stopped drinking. Go figure
Old 04-28-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by animalnurse9 View Post
I had managed to blank those yrs out!
I have had this happen. The other day I was driving to work and out of nowhere I remembered the first time I got drunk. I was 13. I had completely forgotten about it. I mean it was not there. Not like I thought about it once or twice over the years and I was remembering again. It was gone.

It came out of the blue as crystal clear as if it happened yesterday. Very strange.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks exactly how it happened for me too!"all of a sudden it was just there in my head like, hello?? This is NOT a new thing! So weird aye. I hope ur tests come back ok.do u thnk ur symptoms may have been there but blocked out my drinking and hangovers? I think anything's possible.im hoping my breakout is due to my body expelling toxins
Old 04-28-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

do u think ur symptoms may have been there but blocked out by drinking and hangovers?
I honesty don't think so. I did try to think back and I don't remember any of these going on.

I am hard of hearing so I use the closed caption on the TV and even with a drunk on I could read the words and now they are blurry. I mean even people are blurry if they are more than a ten feet away. Very weird.

I always could eat. I am overweight and eating has never been an issue.

Frequent urination only happened when I was drinking, now I am lucky if I can go an hour between bathroom breaks.

Thirsty, thirsty and more thirsty. I drink a ton of water and Coke zero. I thought I was thirsty when I woke in the middle of the night because I was dehydrated from drinking but after a glass of water or two I was fine. This is almost non-stop.

I have more symptoms of dehydration now then when I drank. It just dawned on me on Friday that I was not sweating very much. I always felt warm and I had night sweats. I slept with my window cracked in the dead of winter. Now I am cold all the time. My hands and feet feel like ice. It was 70 degrees here yesterday and I had to wear a light jacket.

Weight loss, what weight loss? LOL if anything I was steadily gaining weight. I have lost 14 pounds in the last 3 weeks.

The fatigue hits me out of nowhere. I will be fine and suddenly I am extremely tired. Drained tired.

I am hoping to hear from the doctor on Monday and then I can go from there on what to do and what happens from now on. I also have an eye exam scheduled in three weeks.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Itchy skin, rash and some acne. Toxins leaving the body.

The first year can be full of changes!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm 29, ten days sober, and my skin looks like it did when I was 14. Haggard.

I can tell some toxins are seeping out through my face. Makes me not want to drink again, lol. Good luck to you
Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Gracie that sux! I hope u hear from dr soon and that its nothing too bad.isnt it frustrating to quit drinking and then get sick! But thank goodness you stopped otherwise it would b so much worse.let us know how u get on!
Vastreaction and sugarbear .... Eek! I look so haggard.hope this stage doesn't last too long!!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yup. Me too.
Started using facial scrub junk my wife has.
Was a nice little foray back to my teenage years.
I will take a bit of acne, as I just imagine the tiny men inside my body purging all the garbage I put in there for years. Seems they've gotten the All Clear and are believing me this time when I tell them I'm not doing it again.
Wish I had thought of this sooner, but it's going away now.
Looking haggard is highly preferable to feeling, and being haggard.
Although: my vain ego took a bit of a hit for a couple weeks.
Wonder how my ego didn't get its feelings hurt when I was a stumbling, moronic drunk? <sigh> I suppose that's for another thread...
Old 04-29-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Haha, I have heard them referred to as "quit zits". I know the first few days I sweated a lot which can make your skin bad as the toxins pour out. Quitting is stressful which can also aggravate your skin. However, once you get over this initial period your skin will actually start glowing again.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I did have a major break out the first few weeks. Things have cleared up since then. I felt like I was in puberty. It's great to see that tour doing well. Keep on keeping on.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Any question with the word vain in it will always spark my interest. I mean that only because I think of this stuff too.

I broke out and also started getting peach fuzz where peach fuzz shouldn't be. It should be on peaches not my upper lip and chin. Few other goofy things too. Of course we should get medical advise from medical people but my doctor told me alcohol effects estrogen and when I stopped drinking my body would need a little time adjusting. As a woman I know how hormones can affect me. I hope that wasnt medical advise but just sharing my experience. Also, I'm all cleared up on most stuff after 2 months. Time and good skin care products helped. Actually, I'm hitting the looking good stage. Yeah!

Hang in there AnimalNurse you are doing great!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Haha scout cos you were too drunk to care??? Thanks ladies, so glad I'm not the only one thinking that way! Girls will be girls �� quit zits suck! But at least it means the toxins are leaving and we are all gunna be really hot soon �� no sign of peach fuzz ....yet.......oh please let that not happen ��
Old 04-29-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Haha scout cos you were too drunk to care??? Thanks ladies, so glad I'm not the only one thinking that way! Girls will be girls �� quit zits suck! But at least it means the toxins are leaving and we are all gunna be really hot soon �� no sign of peach fuzz ....yet.......oh please let that not happen ��
Well, if fuzz appears march on down to your nearest hot wax store and go to town. I've met plenty of ladies in my time where facial hair was all the rage for them. I don't prefer it. To each their own animalnurse. To thine own self be true
Old 05-08-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GracieLou View Post
No acne but I have had other issues. As much as a drank I thought I would have major physical withdrawal symptoms but instead I have symptoms of diabetes....

frequent urination, unusual thirst, unusual weight loss, fatigue, irritability and blurred vision. I also have no appetite at all. I eat once a day when I get jittery but that is the only sign I have to eat something. Food tastes good I just have no desire to eat.

I have been to the doctor and they took blood. They are testing for diabetes, thyroid and liver something.

I should know something on Monday.

I never had any of these symptoms until I stopped drinking. Go figure
Gracie

Did you get any results from your doctor. Your symptoms are very similar to mine. I have been to a couple of doctors who have run blood test and they say everything is normal but it doesn't feel normal. They have decreased some recently but still hanging around. Wondering if I should try another doctor or give it some time. I guit drinking 2.5 months ago.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kat40 View Post
Gracie

Did you get any results from your doctor. Your symptoms are very similar to mine. I have been to a couple of doctors who have run blood test and they say everything is normal but it doesn't feel normal. They have decreased some recently but still hanging around. Wondering if I should try another doctor or give it some time. I guit drinking 2.5 months ago.
Sorry I had not come back to update. All tests came back normal. Mine have decreased as well except for the blurry vision. Up close I am fine but at a distance signs and people are blurry. I have an eye doctor appointment next Friday so I will see what comes with that.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GracieLou View Post
Sorry I had not come back to update. All tests came back normal. Mine have decreased as well except for the blurry vision. Up close I am fine but at a distance signs and people are blurry. I have an eye doctor appointment next Friday so I will see what comes with that.
Good to here everything is normal. Little frustrating not to get answers but as long as things are moving in the right direction I guess I'll give it a little time. For me the thirst and fatigue are still hanging around. I drink a LOT of water and herbal tea but still hits me frequently.