Notices

wish me luck

Old 04-27-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wish me luck

So im playing a host for the next two weeks ... they all will be drinking and im hopefully staying sober. Hopefully. Wish me luck, send me some prairs ...
Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hi bigaquagirl

Sounds a dangerous situation for an alcoholic. I needed to avoid all places where people were drinking for the first few months. Is there any way of avoiding this?

You are in my payers.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

wishing you the best - remember there's always support here.

Make plans too - think about likely scenarios where you might get in trouble and figure a way out ahead of time.

It's rough that you're doing this now, but having made the choice to do it, you can stay sober, with enough work

D
Old 04-27-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck and prayers to you!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Guard u're sobriety girl
If you can, have some1 in recovery around you as much as possible
Really hope you're spiritually fit to do this
Old 04-28-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all!

I survived day 1 with my guests
We did some new things, acwardly/cheezy as it was they were respectful but it feels like they think it is a phase. Strange.
Dont know how to best describe it but I dont think they have registered it yet. Funny.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Bigaquagirl, good luck, prayin for ya. You're gonna have to stand your ground bigaquagirl, and when this 2 weeks is up you will be more powerful than ya can imagine. Rootin for ya.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigaquagirl View Post
We did some new things, acwardly/cheezy as it was they were respectful but it feels like they think it is a phase. Strange.
Dont know how to best describe it but I dont think they have registered it yet. Funny.
I know exactly what you mean, though. I work in the deli of a supermarket, the area is pretty sterile, closed off and in our own little world. Among 5 or 6 of my co-workers I pretty much held the niche of "the crazy drunken party animal."

Now that I'm working on sobriety, a few of my closer co-workers know what I'm going through (one is my roommate), but a couple of them don't quite get it yet.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work.
Stay strong.
When the feelings start to come upon you, keep focus on why you no longer want to drink. Sometimes that is the hardest thing for alcoholics (not excluding myself) to do; focus on the positive and reflections.
I suggest when you are done at the end of the night, you may be alone and your mind starts to consume you that all you want to do is drink, start to write in a journal or pad. Write down a gratitude list, things that you are thankful for and that are positive about you and whats in your life. Than right down three categories: Mental, Physical, and Conduct. In these categories, write down all of the negative things you have done while drinking. Reason for these lists, when you want to drink, review what you put yourself through and do you really want to go back to that "deep depression and cover-ups of shame, guilt, etc." Than go back to your gratitude list and review all of the positives in which you have within you when you are not drinking. It will help soooo much.
I will say this, I HATE to write, but during my sobriety, I look back in my journal and see from day 1 to 10 the withdraws I was going through, my thoughts and pains... As I continued to read, I kept seeing the daily victories and the successful progression I have made!
I encourage you to take it one day at a time, be positive, and focus on the goal!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 2 is under my belt! Yey thank you guys
Old 04-29-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, and don't worry about what they think. You know you're doing the right thing.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigaquagirl View Post
So im playing a host for the next two weeks ... they all will be drinking and im hopefully staying sober. Hopefully. Wish me luck, send me some prairs ...
i will say good luck to you, your going to need it
Old 04-30-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

good to hear...Day 2 one day at a time!