SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What goals do you want to accomplish in sobriety? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292868-what-goals-do-you-want-accomplish-sobriety.html)

Acheleus 04-27-2013 02:20 PM

What goals do you want to accomplish in sobriety?

Everybody!

List some things you want to do or have always wanted to do but were put off because of drunkenness.

I want to write a novel and I plan to write 200 pages in May June and July.

What do you want to do?

Pedro1234 04-27-2013 02:30 PM

I want to run a half marathon. Never been able to train enough or properly to do it :) Good luck with your writing :)

Mizzuno 04-27-2013 02:33 PM

Hrrhhhmmmm.....(clearing my throat)
The things that i want to do that have been put off because of being drunk are:
Go to college. Enrolled and attending, Thank you very much!
Travel to Hawaii. This will happen sooner rather than later
Run a marathon. As soon as my back starts to cooperate I will start my running again.
Work for myself. It is already in the works, slow but steady
get and remain sober. this is a daily effort)
Save money which is happening little by little
Start living a productive life. With each day, I am creating my own destiny. so far so productive.
Learn how to throw pottery on a wheel. The class will be starting here in the next month. I believe.

Here is a start.

Mountainmanbob 04-27-2013 02:54 PM

What goals do you want to accomplish in sobriety?

being there for family and friends
helping the ones who still suffer
a closer contact with God
better mention exercise (got to keep up with the wife)

onehigherpower

lela0826 04-27-2013 03:13 PM

be able to pay bills on time, get my things out of storage, finish school,

joygirl 04-27-2013 03:13 PM

Find the joy in life again.

mecanix 04-27-2013 03:17 PM

spend more time laughing , sing some music , make some money , go to nice places and meet nice people .

Bestwishes , M

Beavis 04-27-2013 03:23 PM

Be awake, remember last night, better sleep, better health

Acheleus 04-27-2013 06:05 PM

I just made a baked seafood salad. About to dig in. I couldn't even walk through the grocery store hungover because of the crippling anxiety. I love cooking but I don't when I drink.

Mizzuno 04-27-2013 06:13 PM

Sounds really good! Cook it up. Walk through every store that you can. Anxiety be gone! :)

JohnnyO 04-27-2013 09:21 PM

Buy a sweet dual sport motorcycle and travel the backroads of the western mountains. Wanted to do this prior but spent all my money and credit limits on booze. Starting to enjoy sleep again as well.

ddrayer 04-27-2013 09:28 PM

Acheleus that is a pretty awesome goal. I can't write to save myself but always wished I could. I want to get back into hiking/climbing. Would love to climb mount everest. Trying to get a trip to hike mt denali (tallest in north america) together in the next year and doing it as a breast cancer fundraiser, so I am slowly starting to try to make it a reality! Pretty cool to have the intellectual capital handing by being sober to try to make these things actually happen!

ElegantlyWasted 04-27-2013 09:28 PM

At this point (day 4 and some change) what I want to accomplish in sobriety is simply more sobriety. I know I have so much to do and accomplish, but right now I'm letting my head clear a little.

fantail 04-27-2013 11:02 PM

I'll be writing more too, Acheleus. :) Cheers

LadyinBC 04-27-2013 11:11 PM

One thing I really want to do is take a trip somewhere. I would love to go to one of the maritime provinces and go for about a week by myself. I've never travelled by myself and I've always wanted to see what it is like on the other side of my country! And I'm thinking of doing it when I get my tax refund.

triathlynne 04-27-2013 11:13 PM

Overcome my anxiety and stress. Lose weight. Save money. Become healthy again and just enjoy life like I used to. I'm signed up for a FULL marathon. Gulp. I think in jumping in at the very, very deep end.

deeker 04-27-2013 11:17 PM

Drop some weight. Get healthier and fit. Get our own place. Lost everything to our addictions. Hubby in recovery too.

Work at a treatment/detox center in hopes of sharing Hope.

Go on Missions locally and internationally to help people, share hope and spread the Love Of God.

Take my 22 yr old son on a really awesome trip somewhere and create new happy memories., like skiing.

So what does deek want to do when she accomplishes sobriety? I'm going to Disney World!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/banana_smiley_12.gif

MidnightBlue 04-28-2013 12:06 AM

I'm with you about writing, Acheleus and Fantail)

In addition to this my goals are:

- to get out of debts;
- to buy a flat of my own;
- to work more on my own project and make it profitable;
- to get professional photo shoot (I'm hell scared of being taken pictures because I usually turn ugly on them - so it's like challenging myself and facing fears);
- to stop bugging myself about mistakes I made in the past and for not being "perfect" (well, I think it's something I'm in a position to do right now?).
- well, the list goes on, but I think that will do for today)

By the way, Acheleus and Fantail, what do you think if we start a thread, say in Cafe Centrale, and call it "writing in recovery"? It's always more fun to support and encourage each other.

Best wishes to all.

Have a great day.

Sasha4 04-28-2013 12:32 AM

I just want to be good at something...
Sorry not having a great morning.
x

grandma12 04-28-2013 12:35 AM

Joygirl that is what I want also.

Deeker you spread a lot of hope here thanks.