Notices

Fighting and other stuff

Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fighting and other stuff

I am sitting outside on the porch. I live in a complex of apartments. The people across the way are loud and partying, hopefully things stay positive over there. The neighbors upstairs are fighting. I just saw two birds in the tree going at it over territory. Things are loud and chaotic, while I am quiet and observing.
Friday night has begun. There will be no fighting or anything alcohol related going on for me tonight. I am grateful for this.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are people hollering and partying across from my apartment complex too. I just heard an ambulance drive down the street. If I go outside on the sidewalk in a few hours drunk kids will be stumbling along. It's really hard being sober In a college town but I like the challenge. I'm having s'mores ice cream. Much better than beer.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just might break down and eat some Mamba's. Im living it up tonight. I wouldn't trade this for the world.
I lived in a college town for many years. It was loud and hard to be in at times. Apartment complexes are new to my life. I am not really liking it all that much. I need space away from people. Soon enough ..
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I moved from a big condo where I lived with my gf to a one bedroom apartment but it is quiet. I grew up in the country when I was little so I miss the quiet solitude of open spaces. The person that lives above me sometimes has visitors and they carry on. Those nights were bad. I'm sure I went out and got drunk at least once bc the person was making the beast with two backs. Sigh. Lonely nights in Georgia.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice to hear you're keeping your head on straight with all the clamor and tuning it out. I am thankful for ear-buds. Putting them in my ears and watching a movie on my laptop, I wouldn't notice if a jet engine-powered silverware truck crashed into a glass wall in the next room.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Nice to hear you're keeping your head on straight with all the clamor and tuning it out. I am thankful for ear-buds. Putting them in my ears and watching a movie on my laptop, I wouldn't notice if a jet engine-powered silverware truck crashed into a glass wall in the next room.
Thanks for the reminder. I need to go by earplugs for the early morning. The birds in the trees outside of my window are extremely loud. All these baby birds are screaming for food and the parents are doing god only knows what. Getting food I suppose.
In the early morning, I think of the movie called Steel Magnolias. The father is shooting a gun at the trees trying to get the birds to relocate so that the Wedding can be a success. Now, I don't want to shoot the birds but I would like them to shut the H*** up. Im sleeping here. Oh, and then to top off all that nonsense, my kittens have taken to bashing themselves into the windows to get to the Birds. Its all chaos.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Funny ain't it - sometimes the chatter of birds in the trees is relaxing, and we all marvel at the sounds of pristine natural beauty....other times, we just want them to shut the **** up. Ha. Yeah, get those earplugs!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
I just might break down and eat some Mamba's.
What are Mamba's?

Congrats on not wavering. You sound at peace. I hope you get the quiet soon.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mambas are chewy little candies that come in different flavors. Pretty good stuff
Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

For some reason I was picturing a burrito or something, which sounds pretty good right now.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It feels good to be centered and settled, whilst just observing the world going about its business doesn't it. To have that peace between the ears alone is more than worth the effort of giving up the booze and living life differently. That's not to say it's permanently calm in my head, but just for now it is!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Now thats the first time i've heard someone getting angsty over birds singing ...

To badly paraphrase and miss-quote Buddah , anger met with anger only leads to more anger , only through non-anger alone does the anger end .

The baby birds will fledge and grow as will the neigbours ..

keep staying sober , keep working and there is no telling where you will end up with sobriety there come such wonderfull oppertunities i missed when i was drinking , maybe that will be the same for you ?

BBC radio 3 is always good for soothing sounds , BBC radio 4 extra for comedy .

Bestwishes, M
Old 04-27-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shauninspain View Post
It feels good to be centered and settled, whilst just observing the world going about its business doesn't it. To have that peace between the ears alone is more than worth the effort of giving up the booze and living life differently. That's not to say it's permanently calm in my head, but just for now it is!
Right. Just for now is perfectly fine by me. This is one gift that i have received from abstaining from alcohol. Priceless gift.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I understand you quite well)

I live in a complex of apartments too. And neighbours who live above me regularly have parties and then "after-parties" (very loud arguing and fighting) till 4-5 a.m.

Once their started their party at midnight and I was just falling asleep. I was angry as hell, but then remembered that I still have somewhere those single-use earplugs they give you on long flights. Luckily I didn't toss them. So, now they are my sleep-savers)

Have a good day)
Old 04-27-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Now thats the first time i've heard someone getting angsty over birds singing ...

To badly paraphrase and miss-quote Buddah , anger met with anger only leads to more anger , only through non-anger alone does the anger end .

The baby birds will fledge and grow as will the neigbours ..

keep staying sober , keep working and there is no telling where you will end up with sobriety there come such wonderfull oppertunities i missed when i was drinking , maybe that will be the same for you ?

BBC radio 3 is always good for soothing sounds , BBC radio 4 extra for comedy .

Bestwishes, M
Mecanix, I am not so angry over the birds, its more annoyed. I can not even begin to explain the level of noise that is happening. There is a bird infestation in the trees outside my window. I have never in my life heard anything as loud as this. I will try to zen myself into freedom. All of my responses are something light hearted....Not meant to be taken so seriously. I am going to by some earplugs though.

(It is a comical thing. Not to be taken so heavy. A laugh here and there is good for all of us)
Old 04-27-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Speak of the devil...

My neighbors seem to start a party (11 p.m. here). My, they are just asking for me to call police some day (or some night).

Where's my earplugs?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Speak of the devil...

My neighbors seem to start a party (11 p.m. here). My, they are just asking for me to call police some day (or some night).

Where's my earplugs?
Home depot.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Marcher

Wink

Mizzuno,
You are cracking me up!
"All these baby birds are screaming for food and their parents are off doing god knows what"
Yeah, as if the parents are at the party going on! That's a funny picture in my head!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
Mizzuno,
You are cracking me up!
"All these baby birds are screaming for food and their parents are off doing god knows what"
Yeah, as if the parents are at the party going on! That's a funny picture in my head!
I thought the same thing and also got a kick out of that one. Like the adult birds are out selling drugs to kids in the warehouse district downtown or something. Ha!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Partying and birds. Lol. It could be worse. Gunfire and sirens 😷