Notices

Nervous & Scared

Old 04-26-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Nervous & Scared

Hello,

I have been all over the web for help or to talk to someone who knows what I'm feeling. I don't know where to start or how to start... Today is day 1 and I'm already thinking it's hard! No one knows what is going on so I have no one to talk to.

MARIEJUNE
Old 04-26-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR MarieJune. We all know what you are feeling as we have been there before, and it's certainly hard - but more than worth it in the end. Have you consulted with a doctor at all before quitting? It's highly recommended, they can help make sure everything is OK physically and give you some peace of mind.
  # 3 (permalink)  

You've come to a good place MarieJune, plenty of people here for support at any time of day. Is it day one from alcohol? How are you feeling? x
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

You're in the right place, MJ. Welcome to SR, where your troubles become OUR troubles!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It might help to tell one person about your struggles and keep posting here ! Hey, I'm on day 1 as well...it is not nice ! I feel tired and have some strong urges to drink, and anxiety ALL over the place...obsessive thinking...the whole lot....

We care !

Cindt
Old 04-26-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you....

Thank you all for your support. I have tears in my eyes because I never ever got to tell anyone how I'm feeling. To answer some questions, I did not talk to a Dr., I called a few since yesterday but you need $ To be treated plus I'm so embarrassed. The drug is opiates. I'm just shaking inside! I wish I can turn the clock back. It's been years so I know it's going to be hard. Thanks for all your support!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

MaryJune.

You found the right place to help you start healing. You might want to check out the class of April 2013 in Newcomer to recovery. You'll find other people who quit at the same time and I can tell you from experience that the support you get from your peers is amazing.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you....
Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome MarieJune

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 12070 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Mariejune.

I felt a huge sense of relief when I found SR. I never imagined a group like this would give me the support and friendship I needed. No one else in my life understood what I was going through, and most of them were disgusted with my behavior. It took a big burden off me when I could talk about my fears openly, without being criticized or misunderstood. Happy you are here with us.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hi Mariejune! I also took opiates for years and quit in march 2013 (6 weeks ago). I remember feeling just like you. It's scary. I also kept it secret from everyone except my husband. It gets bad, but then it gets better!!! You are doing a great thing for yourself- giving yourself the rest of your life. Hang in there!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome MJ.i have only been here 8 days, and like you had no-one to tell what was going on.its a good feeling to be able to share what you are going through aye. Wish you all the best.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MARIEJUNE View Post
Hello,

I have been all over the web for help or to talk to someone who knows what I'm feeling. I don't know where to start or how to start... Today is day 1 and I'm already thinking it's hard! No one knows what is going on so I have no one to talk to.

MARIEJUNE
Hi Mariejune, welcome to SR, You won't have to look far, as most of us have something in common with you. Is this your first attempt at recovery?
Old 04-26-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

MarieJune, it's normal to feel very scared at this point. And, I was incredibly ashamed of what I had allowed to happen. Regret is inevitable and it can propel you forward into recovery as long as you don't allow it to take over.